+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

12/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until 1 a.m. Eastern. Thanks and enjoy the show!

Re: 12/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Ugh why the hell didn't Jillian make it? She was really the most consistent chef.

I hope person not named Russell wins.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Once Trev was gone, I felt like I'd already had my favorite win: anybody BUT Trevor.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4123013;
    Once Trev was gone, I felt like I'd already had my favorite win: anybody BUT Trevor.
    I agree, and actually agree with Ramsay's decision here. Jillian may have been the most consistent; however, winners on this show save possibly one or two haven't had long term success because of the stigma.

Given that stigma and the speech he gave her that really picked her up, I really think he eliminated her so someone would hire her and use her talents further.

Out of the final two... I'm leaning toward Nona. She's the most consistent out of both and given a prize is being a spokesperson for the wine, she seems to be the one person I feel who could pitch it and do well (even if she may have to wear long coats all the time because of the tatoo).

BTW, it was nice to see Ramsay relax at that reward with Jillian and his honest opinions about a couple of the contestants. Hopefully the comment about Russell is foreshadowing, and if it was Trev, it was spot on.

I really don't see any of them as a wine spokesperson.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4123043;
    I really don't see any of them as a wine spokesperson.
    Note, I said "could do well," not necessarily would do well. I think out of the final four, Jillian would've been the best there.

Still, it said a lot about her skills when Gordon let her keep her jacket - I really think he did it more along the lines of keeping that stigma off her if she won than anything else. (well that or Ramsay couldn't have an all female duo, even though this season the women were better on a regular basis, if individually).

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4123231;
    [snipped]... (well that or Ramsay couldn't have an all female duo, even though this season the women were better on a regular basis, if individually).
    Midway through the season, I thought it would be an all-male finale because the women couldn't seem to get their acts together. By the end, I was hoping for a Nona-Jillian finale. Russell has his moments as a chef, but would you really want to hire someone who threatens and bullies coworkers? (Well, on second thought, since this is Ramsey, maybe.)

I don't think any of this year's contestants are that great - I'm more rooting against Russell than rooting for anyone.

I think Russell has some talent, but his arrogance makes me want to see him get taken down a notch. I was so glad that Trev finally got sent home. I was sad to see Jillian leave. She really grew on me. I do think she will do well though, and the things that Ramsay said to her will only make her work harder to succeed. I like Nona a lot, and I think she can win this. It's all going to depend on who gets who for the final dinner service. Some of the "chefs" who have already been eliminated wouldn't make good fry cooks! I see in the preview that Boris is back, and it looks like Nona may have been stuck with him. I couldn't tell who ended up with Trev, but for Russell's sake, I hope it wasn't him. I don't think Trev liked any of the final 3 but he really hated Russell and he also seems like the type who wouldn't be above a little sabotage for revenge.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Jillian grew on me too. I missed some pieces of last night's show - I didn't see Russell working the pass. Both Nona and Jillian missed Scott's sabotage - Nona didn't taste that the mash was celery root and not potato, and Jillian didn't notice that the wrong cut of beef was on the plate. I thought Jillian did a great job running the pass - and in a style that Ramsey usually appreciates.

I think Boris can be okay. The trick will be designing a great menu that's pretty much idiot-proof to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4123278;
    Midway through the season, I thought it would be an all-male finale because the women couldn't seem to get their acts together. By the end, I was hoping for a Nona-Jillian finale. Russell has his moments as a chef, but would you really want to hire someone who threatens and bullies coworkers? (Well, on second thought, since this is Ramsey, maybe.)

I don't think any of this year's contestants are that great - I'm more rooting against Russell than rooting for anyone.
    I do like Nona, though, so I am genuinely rooting for her.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast