+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9/22 Season 8 Premiere *Spoilers*

Re: 9/22 Season 8 Premiere *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4068930;
    The premiere was really difficult to swallow.

In an effort to top the drama from the previous season, it seems the producers are casting more and more mentally and emotionally inept "cooks".

Last season was ridiculous with far more "people to create drama" than decent chefs but it's looking like this season is even worse. It seems they feel that as long as they have 2 to 4 good chefs, the rest can be utter crap, but it wears on the viewer. I mean, obviously Raj has some sort of mental deficiencies, and maybe has cooked garbage for a long time for people who like garbage but that doesn't make him a true candidate for a fine dining restaurant. It almost doesn't seem fair to cast him. The same can be said for many of the others. Sabrina seems to be able to cook, but is obviously mentally/emotionally off balance as well.

If would prefer if Hell's Kitchen went back to a formula of mostly decent cooks with only a few that will struggle... so Ramsey can still yell at them.

The boots were ridiculous... based solely on who would create the least amount of drama. Though Curtis being unable to figure out how to make sushi in two hours was pretty sad. But still, worse than Vinnie or Raj?
    You pretty much summed it up for me. I mean, not every cook can be an expert in everything. So Curtis didn't know how to make sushi? He probably could have learned with time and experience. That was somehow worse than Vinnie's inexcusable or Raj's delusional behavior?

And is it just me, or has Ramsay said this before? "This was the worst opening night/dinner service ever?" Last season, didn't they have people walking out and Ramsay throwing the chefs out? I seem to recall that's why I stopped watching that season.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Raj cracked me up!! Totally out of control!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Raj I would bet money is a fake. Did you catch the one time Ramsey was yelling at him I swore he broke the character and was laughing. I think Ramsey is a fine chef, but he needs to pick his American shows out of the gutter, and put them in line with his British ones. They are so much better. This is just beyond garbage.

That's a good observation about Ramsay's British shows. I have to confess I didn't watch him while I lived in Britain. However, I watched other reality shows there and you're right, they weren't as trashy.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

This show is the Jerry Springer of cooking shows. Too bad.

A bit of a side bar here but one of the chefs from Ramsey's US version of his show "Kitchen Nightmares" just commited suicide.

Gordon Ramsay chef Joseph Cerniglia found dead after 'suicide' jump into river | Mail Online
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4071274;
    This show is the Jerry Springer of cooking shows. Too bad.
    A good way to describe it.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Hell's Kitchen is on! Foxondemand here I come! I had no idea!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Up to speed. What a motley crew. This looks like it might be Hell's Kitchen's best season ever!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234