+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Season 8 Premiere *Spoilers*

Re: 9/22 Season 8 Premiere *Spoilers*

I'm starting to think Jean-Phillippe was getting tired of the crap he was having to deal with the fake chefs, so he quit.

Don't know why exactly, but if I were him and remembering last season - yeah, I'd do that too even if I got paid a 6-figure salary.

My daughter spoke with Jean Philippe a few weeks ago at Ramsey's London restaurant. He was really nice, she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4067160;
    Wow. The class level of this cast overall is lower than I can ever remember. Loud mouths, people amazed by "fancy food", Cafeteria Chefs (that's what a "Law Firm Chef" is... its someone who's a food service worker cooking in a cafeteria for the law firm staff, its also what a "Children’s Camp Chef" is...), Bartenders, Caterers, etc. etc.
    At first, I thought Law Firm guy was something special. Then it dawned on me that he's probably just a cafeteria chef. At least he knows how to dress up his resume. That will help him in the future.

And this season's "Big Boy" is slobbier than ever.

The women seem just as bad as the guys. For example... Prep Chef? That means she doesn't actually COOK in her real career. Corporate Food Director? Another person who probably doesn't cook, and when she does its for a Cafeteria. Executive Chef for a Senior Home? So she might actually cook... but cooks BLAND?
    That's not necessarily true. There's a really upscale senior home in our town. A few weeks ago they hosted a community function that I got to attend. In the lobby they had the day's menu posted for the residents. I kid you not, the first course listed was...risotto.

The women are horrible in other ways, though. Oh my gosh, stiletto heels in a kitchen? And then whining that your feet hurt? A blouse cut down to your waist, and you expect to be bending over in a kitchen? (I died laughing when Ramsay made her put on that cloth. Kudos!) Not to mention saying "I have people to do that for me" when it came to doing the dishes? Whatever the heck that crud was that Antonia tried to serve???? (Ramsay wasn't the only one who got ill. My stomach turned, and I only had to look at it. I can't imagine what it must have been like to eat it. Maybe they should use that as a new CIA torture. )

Honestly, I felt like somebody crossed air waves and that HK was channeling Project Runway. In case you don't watch that show, right now they've got a major "female dog" over there who is gratuitously nasty to her fellow contestants, and who of course never makes a mistake--it was all the other contestants' fault. Gads, as soon as Sabrina went into her bully act in the dorm, I thought "Ack! Two shows at the same time! What is the world coming to? "

Speaking of PR, was Ramsay smoking the same thing the judges on that show have been smoking? I mean when it came to eliminating Lisa at the end of the first episode. There is no way she should have been eliminated. At first I thought he just kept Sabrina around for the ratings. Now that I think about it, though, that doesn't seem right. Wouldn't it have been more effective to watch Lisa and Sabrina claw each other for the next few weeks, if that were his motive?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Where in the world do they find these people????? They claim to have made it through to be on the show after competing with around 10,000 people....yet they are such a bunch of screwed up and whacked individuals...surely this cannot be the cream of the crop!!! That Raj character....there aren't enough words to describe his immaturity and instability. Surely Ramsey couldn't ever imagine someone like that running one of his restaurants....give me a break!!! And the girl coming to the first day of competition with her chest exposed like that...sheesh! And why do they all smoke? Every season...the majority of them smoke...I would have to imagine that smoking somewhat inhibits their ability to taste the food. I know after I quit smoking some 27 years ago....food only started tasting better and better as my tastebuds re-cooperated.

Pretty hard to see a stand-out thus far in this crowd! The group they had on Master Chef were more mature and capable than this crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4067197;
    I guess Ramsey is trying to pride himself on turning sweathogs into fine swine.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4067204;
    Raj the kung fu cook was hilarious, I must say. But, it seems he may be more than unstable. Parolee perhaps?
    Again a big LOL!!!

When it first aired, I missed the opening sequence. I caught it tonight and... what the heck?! I don't even understand it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

The premiere was really difficult to swallow.

In an effort to top the drama from the previous season, it seems the producers are casting more and more mentally and emotionally inept "cooks".

Last season was ridiculous with far more "people to create drama" than decent chefs but it's looking like this season is even worse. It seems they feel that as long as they have 2 to 4 good chefs, the rest can be utter crap, but it wears on the viewer. I mean, obviously Raj has some sort of mental deficiencies, and maybe has cooked garbage for a long time for people who like garbage but that doesn't make him a true candidate for a fine dining restaurant. It almost doesn't seem fair to cast him. The same can be said for many of the others. Sabrina seems to be able to cook, but is obviously mentally/emotionally off balance as well.

If would prefer if Hell's Kitchen went back to a formula of mostly decent cooks with only a few that will struggle... so Ramsey can still yell at them.

The boots were ridiculous... based solely on who would create the least amount of drama. Though Curtis being unable to figure out how to make sushi in two hours was pretty sad. But still, worse than Vinnie or Raj?

Next week, ambulances flock to Hell's Kitchen. I'd bet my life that the emergency is "200 EMT's with the munchies."

That sounds about right.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast