+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/3 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Woo hoo!!!! Screams errupted at my house when Benny Boy got the boot. :-)

I'm rooting for Holli now. Hope she pulls it off. Yes, she did say she'd be bringing baby daddy along to London. What an adventure that would be for them!!!

Like I posted earlier, Hollie is presently a pastry chef in So Calif. Either she doesn't win, or if she did, she didn't last long in London.
    Anyway, I think Jay is far superior to her in many ways. I particularly like his even low key attitude, showcasing his self confidence, while still performing his best.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4023434;
    Like I posted earlier, Hollie is presently a pastry chef in So Calif. Either she doesn't win, or if she did, she didn't last long in London.
    Anyway, I think Jay is far superior to her in many ways. I particularly like his even low key attitude, showcasing his self confidence, while still performing his best.
    The Savoy Grill is still being remodeled, and isn't scheduled to open until October, 2010. Maybe she just hasn't gotten there yet.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Isn't the finale (or at least the last part of it) live? The winner has not been announced yet, so Holli and Jay don't know yet who won. Or if they do know, they aren't allowed to say because it is not supposed to be public information. Otherwise, it would be easy enough to find out which one was at the Savoy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think if Ben hadn't made such a deal of his back problems, he probably would have been in the final four. He felt the pressure and he froze. Well, hopefully, he'll grow up a little.

Jay for the win, though truthfully, I have really kind of DESPISED all of the final four... good chefs (especially Jay) but really annoying people. It'd be nice if someone really likeable could do well in this show for a change.

Jay: cocky and childish
    Ben: cocky and childish
    Autumn: annoying. (entertaining for me though )
    Holli: trampy and stupid. I'd like to smack her just for her giggling. ugh. I think the fact her son lives with his dad sums her up.

I don't remember exactly where Holli's baby and baby Daddy live, but I believe it was somewhere like Minnesota or Michigan. At any rate far away from where Holli was.

While I don't think of Jay as all that mature I do think he has more maturity in the kitchen than Holli and is better equipped to run a kitchen as head chef than she is. Give her a few years more experience, some of it as executive chef, and I think she'd do fine, but right at this moment I think Jay is the better choice.

Are either of them really executive chef at the Savoy material?

Jay did work the pass last night better than anyone else I can remember ever on the show before... but for some reason he still comes across as kind of sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4023872;
    Jay did work the pass last night better than anyone else I can remember ever on the show before... but for some reason he still comes across as kind of sloppy.
    Agreed. Not justs loppy, but just unpleasant and not someone I'd trust or go too near to. To me, it's the hair. I'm sorry, but I think a man over the age of 20 has no business dyeing his hair any color that's not natural human hair color.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4024338;
    Agreed. Not justs loppy, but just unpleasant and not someone I'd trust or go too near to. To me, it's the hair. I'm sorry, but I think a man over the age of 20 has no business dyeing his hair any color that's not natural human hair color.
    I agree although I think I'll give them a pass up to around 23. He's still about 10 years past time. Neither of them are mature enough to run the Savoy kitchen so it's kind of down to the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4023527;
    The Savoy Grill is still being remodeled, and isn't scheduled to open until October, 2010. Maybe she just hasn't gotten there yet.
    wow, I never thought about when the Savoy opens. Here I thought I finally "knew" something other than speculation, but probably not. Guess we'll find out soon enough. My money though is still on Jay. I especially liked how calm and confidently he operated the the pass, like he'd done it a million times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast