+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3967793;
    That instantly made me think "so he technically considers many latin-american people and japanese people to be poor, huh?". What a jackass! He is seriously too full of himself, and his comments towards the women are rude as hell, and it makes me angry they don't fight back when he is rude to them right in their faces.

Also, that whole "I'm so French because I got training" thing totally ticks me off. Everytime he replies to Ramsay with "Oui, Chef", I feel the urge to punch him.
    I hear that and want to yell at the idiot... "he's not French you doorknob... Oi! Chef would be more appropriate for him than Oui, Chef."

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I almost passed out when Ramsay said Ed was going... then was very relieved when he gave him the executive chef jacket. He got me on that one (even though I was expecting that to happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3967576;
    Once again, the closed-captioners are idiots. They're spelling "palate" as "palette."
    I see many many closed caption errors as I usually have them on and the volume down so I can have peace and quiet. I've often wondered if maybe everything in the world today has spell checker which can never get everything right?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I still don't see anyone standing out for the win. Holli is doing well, but she doesn't scream "HEAD CHEF" to me. Ed has done okay, but again...no leadership shown yet. In all the past seasons there have been one or two people from the very beginning that I just knew would be there in the end, but not this time. Odd season.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3968008;
    I still don't see anyone standing out for the win. Holli is doing well, but she doesn't scream "HEAD CHEF" to me. Ed has done okay, but again...no leadership shown yet. In all the past seasons there have been one or two people from the very beginning that I just knew would be there in the end, but not this time. Odd season.
    I feel the same way. No one is sticking out, however remember editing. We are probably missing tons.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3967979;
    I see many many closed caption errors as I usually have them on and the volume down so I can have peace and quiet. I've often wondered if maybe everything in the world today has spell checker which can never get everything right?
    I see a lot of close captioning beause I'm hearing impaired, and I see so many odd, yet oddly consistent, misspells that make me wonder if some places use an autotype function that can't always determine the context of a word.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3968008;
    I still don't see anyone standing out for the win. Holli is doing well, but she doesn't scream "HEAD CHEF" to me.
    No, but appears to be excellent trainee material. I think BlueJay will be the other finalist.

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3967979;
    I'm sure they do -- and they cheap out by not hiring a [good] proofreader to catch and correct what spellcheck misses. We always have the closed captioning on, too, but because my husband is hearing impaired and needs the service. Often, the quality of the captioning is so bad on a number of programs -- local news, any number of things on E! and VH1, to name two -- that I have to "translate" for him anyway.
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-07-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

THIS season in MHO is a ....

KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3968073;
    No, but appears to be excellent trainee material. I think BlueJay will be the other finalist.
    I am picking him as one of the finalist.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast