+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I have to say a few comments about this show - this season is by far the worst one they've had IMHO. Also, I do feel as though FOX realizes they made a mistake with this cast and are running them quickly to get them done.

The only one I like now really is Nilka on the red team, and I like Jay on the blue team. Salvatore and Siobahn were my other faves and they're gone.

As far as win? - Right now there aren't really any that will or should get the "grand prize." If anything Ramsay ought to do what he did with the season 1 winner and have them become an apprentice.

Ben's attitude is NOT one I'd want to see in a restaurant. IMHO he was arrogant, cocky, and frankly a bully toward Siobahn, simply because she was a Pub manager (?). I think he couldn't wrap it around his head that Ramsay said that Siobahn's sandwich was indeed better and had he given her a shot - I feel the others simply followed his decree (because I think they smell bully too and don't want to get his wrath), they'd gone on the wine tasting and not the blue team. If he wins, it will be IMHO the greatest travesty on this show.

Frankly, I think Ramsay should've let Siobahn join the winners - because she was forced to sit out in the way she did (Ramsay should've smelled the bullying too). But, I'm sure that'd caused too much resentment and she'd been treated worse.

Fran is simply the cockroach that won't die. Still don't know how she's managed to make it through, and I'm hoping Ramsay is not thinking tough in an injury = better cook. Heather and Danny - both injured in their seasons - were much better chefs IMHO, and were cooking risotto properly by this time.

Did Ramsay actually say that Siobhan's sandwich was good? I didn't hear that - I just heard him say that Fran's was bad and that they should have sent in Siobhan's instead. Frankly, Siobhan's sandwich sounded (and looked) dreadful and I completely understand why they wouldn't have wanted it be part of the competition.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3956768;
    Did Ramsay actually say that Siobhan's sandwich was good? I didn't hear that - I just heard him say that Fran's was bad and that they should have sent in Siobhan's instead. Frankly, Siobhan's sandwich sounded (and looked) dreadful and I completely understand why they wouldn't have wanted it be part of the competition.
    I would have eaten her sandwich, sometimes odd combos taste really good (or I have weird tastes)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3957102;
    I would have eaten her sandwich, sometimes odd combos taste really good (or I have weird tastes)
    I like some odd combos myself, but oranges, tuna and cheese just does not sound appealing to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3956595;
    The only one I like now really is Nilka on the red team, and I like Jay on the blue team. Salvatore and Siobahn were my other faves and they're gone.
    Salvatore may be "cute" to many people, but undeniably he WAS a pretty dull blade in the knife block that is Hell's Kitchen. He was perhaps, good TV, but on a show with some massively bad cooks over the years, even still he's one of the worst they've ever had.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like this season a lot...

I don't know if I want to keep watching this show any longer.. I'm so sickened of the red team loosing every time... Ben is a real Shead! If it wasn't for him refusing Siobahn's sandwich into the challange they would have won.. But instead he's gotta act like a D!! Fran isn't the only cockroach that won't die, I'm also sickened by this biggest insect Autumn.. And speaking of insects there's a customer that's acting like a real cockroach.. The nerve of that AH throwing his dish to the hot plate and mouthing off on top of it.. I'm glad Ramsay told him off, but he also should have had that creep's A thrown out! It always annoys me that Ramsay eliminates the contestants that I like, and keeping the ones I can't stand..
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Next week is blind taste-testing. I can't help but wonder if women innately have better palates than men; in 5 years of gender separation, the women have won it every time.

Took a while indeed, but Benjamin showed his true colors, and that's being a huge scumbag. What a belittling, arrogant, pompous, control freak! Even after Chef Ramsey liked Siobhan's dish, he was still shooting it down. What angers me most is that none of these women are standing up to him, they let him push them around and belittle them, and it's sickening.

Right now only Autumn and Jason are likeable to me. Sure, Jason has zero personality, but at least he's not a jerk. And Autumn... well, I completely fail to see what people dislike about her. She's a bit of a know-it-all, but she's a very passive one, and she's no more arrogant than almost every one we see here. In fact, she's really mild and passive, that's why I like her, but she will really need a backbone and more aggressiveness if she wants to win this.

I don't see it happening, but I'd love to see Benjamin lose before Fran.

This show seems to get more scripted as the seasons go by. I've never seen another show that ALWAYS ends in a tie and it comes down to the last person to break the tie. Red and Blue are always tied in whatever challenge they are doing until the last 2 dishes come up for tasting. It is never a runaway. Last night with all the bagging on Siobahn and then miraculously it comes to a tie and what do you know, they have to use her dish as a tiebraker. Shocker. Saw that coming a mile away. The older couple not being able to decide on the very last dish and giving a point to both sides? Suuuure. Also it seems that the rewards that would be more "girly" (spas, etc) the boys get and rewards more "boylike" go to the girls. And that customer bringing his dinner back? A total set-up. Letting the boys win and feel safe and then firing Salvatore? Just for drama. He needed to go, but what is the point of winning if Chef is still going to get rid of a team member. The whole reward for winning is that you get to keep all of your team intact. It's getting really old and that's why they are zipping through it- they are making room for Ramsey's new show coming at the end of the month. The lack of popularity is evident on this board as it used to be hopping, but now there are very few posts at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast