+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THINGS every Hell's Kitchen Contestant should damn well know...

Re: THINGS every Hell's Kitchen Contestant should damn well know...

16) Don't drink more alcohol than your body can handle. I know this may be hard to believe, but hangovers DO exist in hell.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

This week's episode to a T!!

17) You will probably be required to do some sort of manual labor. Make sure your body is up to the task, whining about it will not endear you to your team.

18) Spring at any opportunity to do table-side service; no matter how badly you screw it up you won't get eliminated.

19) This may come a surprise, but Gordon will yell at you when you mess up the food.

20.) Chef Ramsay is sexy as h---.

I tried to find a thread devoted to the master of Hell and if it's there it's too far back. Surprising, 'cause to me Chef Ramsay is the only personality worth tuning in for.

Let me add and addendum:

20.a) Chef Ramsay is sexy as h---, even though he will truly scare the pants off you. Or maybe because he will scare the pants off you.

b.) Under that howling, profane exterior, I suspect beats the heart of a golden teddy bear, albeit one with a really potty mouth.

I am new to this show. I actually got to know Gordon from his other show "Restaurant Nightmares" before I ever saw an episode of Hell's Kitchen. As salty as he was on KN, he ramps it up several notches on HK, to the point where I wonder that he doesn't give himself a heart attack. Chef is not my normal type of man whatsoever. I prefer dark-haired, mellow guys with senses of humor. I am a Libra, which means that I do not cope well with a lot of yelling and screaming and carrying on. Chef Ramsey with his yellow hair and his bright red face from all the yelling makes my blood pressure shoot up through the top of my head. Though an accent does dovetail nicely with my type.

But my, such passion! Such unabashed, testosterone-laden absolute mastery over his domain! The rare flashes of humanity (and quiet) when he gives a contestant a second chance. I dunno, but all this screaming in the kitchen makes me wonder if he is equally passionate and vocal in other rooms of the house. Upstairs rooms.

I enjoy food a great deal, but even it cannot compare to a tasty intriguing man who is so obviously in charge of all he surveys. Does Chef Ramsay ever have a moment's self-doubt or insecurity? Not that we see. But for all the arrogance and the screaming and the cursing and apopolexy . . . he is very likeable. I don't know how he pulls that off.

Does Gordon have any other female fans here?

21. If you're working the pass and Scott brings you an item, you must figure out what is wrong with it and send it back to Scott, because if you don't Ramsay will call you a donkey and the competition will snicker at you.

22) If Ramsay cooks something for you, don't just eat it - pay attention! You are going to have to figure out what it is and replicate it!

Re: Hikari's post #24 - You just completely cracked me up. But, yes, I'm with you!

If you are a customer on HK, don't expect to eat and don't go talk to chef Ramsay expecting to get on apology for waiting for your food.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123