+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holli - Season 7

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Holli - Season 7

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4112638;
    Seems like TPTB would have figured this out ahead of time. My understanding is that work visas are difficult to get in England. I spoke with someone who wanted to teach in one of the colleges there, and has been applying for many, many years for a work visa. But the governmental response is, "We don't grant work visas if a citizen of the UK is qualified to perform that job." I'm sure there are lots of qualified chefs in the UK, therefore denying Holli her opportunity. But she'll get a chunk of cash, which should help assuage her disappointment.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4112667;
    Seems like TPTB would have figured this out ahead of time. My understanding is that work visas are difficult to get in England. I spoke with someone who wanted to teach in one of the colleges there, and has been applying for many, many years for a work visa. But the governmental response is, "We don't grant work visas if a citizen of the UK is qualified to perform that job." I'm sure there are lots of qualified chefs in the UK, therefore denying Holli her opportunity. But she'll get a chunk of cash, which should help assuage her disappointment.
    I read somewhere that it had something to do with her having a criminal record as well, nothing too serious, minor drugs or something. It's true though that many countries don't give out work visas and immigration willy nilly like many people assume. Holli said something about bringing her kid and kid's Dad over with her and I remember wondering if she really thought it would be that easy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

She ACCEPTED a wad of cash as a replacement prize. I think once you do that, that is it. No more complaining about not getting what you wanted. She even said she considered suing, but guessed that there might be something in the contract she signed about replacement prizes. What a piece of work this one is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123