+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by tfred;3401973;
    Do you really think any of them are smart enuff to figure out how to sabotage the other players
    That's the job for Ramsey's two sous chefs!

Not surprised at what happened - anyone there should've figured out that if Ramsey had Danny choose just one person that he had his mind set on firing someone else. At least Carol had a hunch and wasn't too surprised.

This season for the most part has been disappointing to me. My favorite - Ji left early (and it says a lot when Ramsey let her keep her jacket) and pretty much the rest of them have annoyed me. Danny is probably the one I'd like to see win out of all of them now.

Next week's promo is interesting; however, I do not believe - at least right now, that Ramsey would just shut down Hell's Kitchen. I do hope; however, that with all these teasers there really is at least one true shocking moment.

The ONE exception would be that he'd decide that none of the remaining contestants are worthy to run the restaurant and decides to not put any of them through this anymore. If that did happen - I would give him a bit more respect because it shows he does know what's best for his restaurants and not put any more undue stress on the contestants.

Except that it's not just about his restaurants - it's a tv show! If he's that concerned about his restaurants, why doesn't he pick better contestants?
    Count your blessings!

lets hope on this summers edition he has some real chef candidates

i actually think that F3 will be Danny, Paula, Robert

btw, why is Mary Ann Salcedo's name still on the guide, where did she go anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3402188;
    Except that it's not just about his restaurants - it's a tv show! If he's that concerned about his restaurants, why doesn't he pick better contestants?
    As far as I know, the contestants are picked for him, he has no say.

I would say that it's ratings - and on the part of the producers more than Ramsay (though yes, he has a part in the decision). Reason I say that is that this is the first season Ramsay's ever been pissed off enough to eliminate two people during service for their ineptitude. Usually, he'd pull something like he did last night if he just wanted to up and remove someone - he'd do it during elimination, and make the person stew about it in the room prior to it by throwing them out of the kitchen. I really think he dislikes the choice of contestants and did not get much say in who was chosen.

Plus - he let Ji keep her jacket, even though she was injured. He did not let the one other contestant who was removed for health reasons (Andrew I believe), he did take his jacket - it was hung up on that peg when they did the picture burning up. I really have wondered if Ramsay wanted Ji to win based on her work ethic in the kitchen in spite of injury. Only ones who I think come close now are Danny and Paula - the rest I'd be surprised if they won, especially Robert.

CCL

I don't think any of the winners ever really get that important a role in any of his restaurants. They get more of a title than any real power. Anyhow, Ramsay is having enough problems with his restaurants; he's had to sell some of them off recently, including the London West Hollywood one (I wonder what that means for Christina's job there?).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I can say with certainty that at least one of the winners was simply there to be seen and sign autographs. Other than that, they were just another member of the staff. After the one year contract was up, they were offered another contract worth about 15% of the original contract. Needless to say, that winner is no longer there. My guess is that is pretty much normal practice for the winners of Hell's Kitchen.

As to this year... I wouldn't step foot in Borgatta if any of these people even worked in the kitchen, let alone ran it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3402287;
    Plus - he let Ji keep her jacket, even though she was injured. . . I really have wondered if Ramsay wanted Ji to win based on her work ethic in the kitchen in spite of injury.
    Hello, everyone. First time poster here, but I've enjoyed "lurking" for many months.

I have a wild speculation. There's supposed to be an "I have never done this before" moment on this coming week's episode. Any chance that he may bring Ji back? Shucks, she already has the jacket!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3403694;
    Hello, everyone. First time poster here, but I've enjoyed "lurking" for many months.

I have a wild speculation. There's supposed to be an "I have never done this before" moment on this coming week's episode. Any chance that he may bring Ji back? Shucks, she already has the jacket!
    Welcome, AZChristian.

That thought flashed across my mind too when that was said on the preview. I liked Ji a lot, but I'm not sure how I feel about her coming back so many episodes later. For one thing, she'd be so much better rested than the other sleep-deprived contestants. I would like to see her come back next season though.

Could be that's what they do, though....although didn't the preview also imply that everyone does poorly next week? If Ji's there, I guess she wasn't strong enough to lift whatever team she was on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast