+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 3/05 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: Hell's Kitchen 3/05 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;3371330;
    Do you have to smoke in order to get a spot on this show?
    No but it helps add to the "skaggyness" quotient of the contestants. I swear, none of the players on Hell's Kitchen ever look like they bathe or wash their hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;3371330;
    Do you have to smoke in order to get a spot on this show?
    The majority of the people in food service do smoke. Thankfully I gave it up 6 years ago after 30 years. That's why they get all freaked out on the line, they're having nicotine withdrawals. I deal with it every day with my staff.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3371383;
    There is not a single chef on this show I can root for. This group is awful.
    Do they really suck as much as they appear to, or does Chef Ramsay work hard to make them look like buffoons by blowing everything out of proportion?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Ramsay's sous chefs are sometimes tasked with sabotage. That would increase the buffoonness quotient.

FORT Fan

I agree about the smoking...really unattractive and unappetizing to watch

this show seems to be such a repeat of itself...nothing new, the contestants are so interchangable and angry for no reason, and egotistical

I much prefer Top Chef where they have the chance to create dishes and use their imagination

These are like line cooks who slag out the same old risotto and stuff season after season, beetch and moan, get yelled at, throw tantrums, undercut each other and smoke smoke smoke

snore.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3371714;
    The majority of the people in food service do smoke. Thankfully I gave it up 6 years ago after 30 years. That's why they get all freaked out on the line, they're having nicotine withdrawals. I deal with it every day with my staff.
    That's interesting Unklescott. Having spent a few years in food service myself I think you're right. (I quit smoking 10 years ago myself)

So, do you have any theories as to why this might be a fact? I always notice all the smokers on this show, but hadn't really thought of it as a 'food service thing' until you mentioned it.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fanatic

This smoking question came up before - maybe in another blog. Someone wondered if smoking gave people a reason to ask for a break!

I have no idea if that is true or not. I don't smoke, nor do I work in food service. I sure get tired of so many people dragging on a cigarette. I agree that it's unattractive. Do they wash their hands before they start cooking? It seems like they are jerked around a lot - are they given time for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3372208;
    That's interesting Unklescott. Having spent a few years in food service myself I think you're right. (I quit smoking 10 years ago myself)

So, do you have any theories as to why this might be a fact? I always notice all the smokers on this show, but hadn't really thought of it as a 'food service thing' until you mentioned it.
    Not only is it a food service thing, but it tends to be a "service department" type thing. I currently work in health care and so many of the housekeeping, laundry, dietary and nursing staff smoke also. I noticed in retailing people smoked less, but in hotels they smoked more. I think it tends to be people in the average to lower incomes also.

FORT Newbie

I love how Tanya Steel came on the show to expose her rack....sure shows class for the Editor in Chief. I mean come on.....you're here to judge. Definite attention whore.

But they were really nice though!

How come there isn't a recap of the 3/05 show? I missed the end, and came here for the recap, but there isn't one!

I'm just glad you posted in here who went home. Thanks!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast