+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 6/17 Show discussion *spoilers*

CCL

Re: 6/17 Show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3064142;
    Maybe that is why the winner will be head sous chef instead of executive chef.

I wonder when the decision was made to change the prize?

I noticed Gordon still was touting the executive chef at the new place as a prize, when it has been stated lately in interviews and in tv guide that the winner will be the head sous chef.
    Maybe they're going to be calling it executive sous chef or something. Honestly, I don't think the title matters. Lots of titles are made-up/unimportant. GR is going to decide what position he wants the winner to occupy. If he doesn't want them occupying the head slot, he'll stick them wherever and title that position the executive whatever. And I'm sure whoever wins will be happy to take the $ 250, 000.00 and work away (is the victor allowed to take the prize money but not the job? Though I don't know if s/he would do that. Maybe Petrozza if he didn't want to uproot his family for a job lower in status than Executive Chef. But for Corey or Christina (or even Petrozza) it would be a huge step up to work in a GR kitchen, even if it was not in a prime position. Anyhow, they could always work their way up).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I don't usually like the fakeouts, but I LOVED the "Corey...pause..." because you just know Jen was cackling inside her head that she was staying.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3063426;
    My son was going crazy waiting to watch the Celtics (we let him watch during commercials). He had never seen this season before and every time Jen was going on about herself, he screamed, "Shut up!" at the tv. Soooo glad she's gone. I understand she wanted to taste the star chefs' food and the competition's tonight, but ew! I don't know much about professional chefs, but if Petrozzi won, wouldn't there be sous chefs doing prep and clean up? I don't know who to root for this year. I've always had a clear favorite before. This is the only show where my favorite consistantly wins!
    There was an article about the new restaurant's grand opening last week, and in it the winner's prize was described as "senior sous chef" rather than "executive chef". Ramsay had probably already decided that none of them were up to the task.

Ironically, if Petrozza wins, that might be a bad position for him, since he would be doing more grunt work/cleanup.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It was so nerve-wracking to watch Corey play with the lighter. I thought she was going to burn her pretty little nose off

They are rerunning this episode now on Fox (on the East coast) before the new episode, in case anyone missed it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567