+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hell's Kitchen, The Game

Hell's Kitchen, The Game

You've probably heard rumors of a Hell's Kitchen video game in development. Here is the official site. They're not giving too us much information yet, but it appears to be a cross between Cooking Mama and Diner Dash, but with real recipes and a lot more cursing. Once I get really good at this game, I'll probably start failing on purpose because I'll miss his ranting and raving.

Re: Hell's Kitchen, The Game

I'll probably start failing on purpose because I'll miss his ranting and raving.
    I'd do the same. Actually it sounds like a fun game, I'd probably give it a shot.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2982190;
    I'd do the same. Actually it sounds like a fun game, I'd probably give it a shot.
    Hope they don't wait forever to port it to mac.

The game is now available for purchase at Bigfishgames.com Anyone willing to shell out the money, should check it out

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I played it for an hour.. i thought it sucked lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Really? My partner played it and she loved it - but not enough to buy it. She's waiting for it to come onto Shockwave where we have unlimited downloads.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Maybe I have been spoiled by other games of the like that were just better.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I did the demo version.

It's more or less what you'd expect, a cross between Diner Dash and Cooking Mama. Much like in real life, Gordon demands perfection. You'll be responsible for making several dishes at once, each with a different cooking time. It's your responsibility to make sure you always have ingredients ready to go into the pan, and time it carefully so that each dish is done at the same time; points are deducted for food left siting around.

When you're not doing that, you must also play the maitre'd, meaning you're responsible for all the front-of-house duties. You'll have to keep your customers happy, as they are the foundation of your business.

At the end of the day, you'll get graded, with points deducted for cooking errors and unhappy customers. Each successful service unlocks something new, like a new dish or another table.

The trial was fun, and well worth your time. It's funny when Gordon yells at you, and rewarding when he likes your food. The first 15 services of the game (That's as far as I could get in an hour) are easy to pass, but hard do perfectly. I found it a little strange that Gordon was severly lacking in the filthy mouth department. I guess you have to buy the full version to hear him ask you to **** him senseless

Overal, this offers good amusement on a rainy day, but don't be fooled into thinking this game is lightyears above Bookworm or any of the other games the site offers. It's basically just an exercise in reflexes and multitasking, with Gordon's face slapped on to attract a fanbase. If you're amused by simple online games, then this might just be the game for you. But if you'd rather have a game where Gordon dons military fatigues and shoots creatures, then you should probably keep looking

+ Reply to Thread