+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #61
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Best scene for me - JP and the party planner.

    We have assumed (or perhaps we knew) that normally the diners are all Hollywood actor wannabees. This episode I assume they really were Melissa's sweet 16 buddies, or at least much younger than the usual crowd. How does Ramsay get away with the language that he did. The heck with the under/overcooked food - anyone who screamed and cursed the way he did would have ruined the party for me.

  2. #62
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2976819;
    Best scene for me - JP and the party planner.

    We have assumed (or perhaps we knew) that normally the diners are all Hollywood actor wannabees. This episode I assume they really were Melissa's sweet 16 buddies, or at least much younger than the usual crowd. How does Ramsay get away with the language that he did. The heck with the under/overcooked food - anyone who screamed and cursed the way he did would have ruined the party for me.
    Some people will put up with a lot to be on TV. If I was paying for it, he would be fired in a heart beat for pulling a stunt like that if the customers could hear it. In private is one thing.

  3. #63
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,528

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I'm thinking that was part of the deal ... we'll give you a sweet 16 party but expect Drama. I don't blame the girl for sending her meal back, when you order it medium well, and it is raw in the middle then it aint right.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #64
    FORT Fanatic Squaredpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In My Own Reality
    Posts
    596

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;2973447;
    Just as they were announcing it, they showed this clip:

    It appears to be the silhouette of a girl coming through those translucent doors that eliminated chefs use to leave Hells Kitchen.

    It seemed so spontaneous that everybody started hating Shayna. They seemed to get along in the past episodes. I'm glad, though that Gordon didn't send Rosann home for ruining Melissa's dish. Even if it was an important dish, it was still just one mistake.

    Can anyone explain how the junk food the boys won was any different from normal junk food? Ramsay claimed that the owner of the restaurant had made it into fine dining, but it just looked normal to me.

    Matt, Matt, Matt. I can't understand why, if you have the cajones to stand up to the kitchen devil himself, that you can't also stand up to his four-star general? Joining the red team is like hiding from a lion by jumping into a spiderweb.

    It looks like Ben gets the power of elimination next week, and I'm guessing he chooses to eliminate his biggest competition, probably Bobby or Louross.
    It would be to soon for Julia to come back because she would not have finished school yet, but the woman who had the "great palate" might be a good guess. I still think someone "New" is going to be coming into "this" game.
    I can't think of the woman's name but she was on the season that the young girl won. Or maybe it's Bonnie. I guess we'll find out if this plays out huh?
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

  5. #65
    FORT Fan Badseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    347

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Do you mean Virginia? She was the very good-looking chef who came in 2nd that season, and someone once accused Chef Ramsay of playing favorties with her. It probably be someone who got eliminated earlier on, because most of the runners up got cushy job offers after being on TV.

    People were saying on the Fox forums that maybe the mystery chef was announced a week too early, just like the Corey-Louross romance, so maybe we'll hear about it next week

    It could be Tiffany or Polly. Both were eliminated in the first round, but both had good signature dishes, so maybe that's a reward for one of them.

  6. #66
    FORT Fanatic Squaredpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In My Own Reality
    Posts
    596

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;2983335;
    Do you mean Virginia? She was the very good-looking chef who came in 2nd that season, and someone once accused Chef Ramsay of playing favorties with her. It probably be someone who got eliminated earlier on, because most of the runners up got cushy job offers after being on TV.

    People were saying on the Fox forums that maybe the mystery chef was announced a week too early, just like the Corey-Louross romance, so maybe we'll hear about it next week

    It could be Tiffany or Polly. Both were eliminated in the first round, but both had good signature dishes, so maybe that's a reward for one of them.
    Yes, Virginia is the one I was talking about. I was actually suprized that she did not win when it was apparent that she was favorite of "gordon". I don't think it could be the other two you mentioned, but it's always a possibility.
    I thought it could be one of those two because they were considered "favorites".
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

  7. #67
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Squaredpants;2983827;
    Yes, Virginia is the one I was talking about. I was actually suprized that she did not win when it was apparent that she was favorite of "gordon".
    Wasn't Virginia the one who won the culinary store challenge? I think she went down substantially in Gordon's estimation by picking out baubles instead of asking his advice on a really good knive set. She showed her lack of professionalism.

  8. #68
    FORT Fan Badseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    347

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I assume that Virginia wouldn't want to go back to Hell's Kitchen since she now has a great job, and has published a book. A better candidate would be someone like Tom, (Sweaty guy from season 2) who quit his job and depended on winning Hell's Kitchen.

    Another possibility is Jessica, who was booted from season 1 solely because her dish received the fewest votes.

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey tango7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2975120;
    Every expression Matt has on his face looks like he's constipated. I cannot stand his whining and complaining about everything. Nothing is ever his fault and it's on my last nerve.
    Constipated - that's the word I was looking for! Reminds me of when my nephew was a baby right before he filled his diaper he had that expression. A warning.

  10. #70
    FORT Fanatic Squaredpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In My Own Reality
    Posts
    596

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;2984251;
    I assume that Virginia wouldn't want to go back to Hell's Kitchen since she now has a great job, and has published a book. A better candidate would be someone like Tom, (Sweaty guy from season 2) who quit his job and depended on winning Hell's Kitchen.

    Another possibility is Jessica, who was booted from season 1 solely because her dish received the fewest votes.
    Yes, that possible, but get this one: It's everyone's favorite Sous Chef- Mary Ann. What if she didn't come on this season as a sous chef because she wanted to compete for a restaurant of her own. Would that be wild, because she'd bloww the other competition away.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.