Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corey - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Corey - Season 4

Corey

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

"Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Corey - Season 4

She reminds me of Bonnie. Good or bad thing? I don't know yet!

Bonnie started out as a nanny and morphed into a personal chef by the end of the season, remember? Maybe this one is just leaving the day care duties out! Hopefully she will cook and not flirt.

I do remember that, but Bonnie still left a lot to be desired by me in terms of being a chef for big time gigs! I wonder what private chef entails exactly.

It will be interesting to see how many of these "cheftestants" are trained. You do not have to have an expensive culinary education, and expensive it is! to be a great cook. Many of the most revered chefs in the world learned from the bottom up in the kitchen. Having said that, I think there are a lot of private chefs out there who started as people with a passion for food that decided to make a business out of it. Most anyone can follow a recipe. Look at Bonnie...she literally started the show as a nanny, and ended up being a private chef. I wonder if she is back to watching kids or if she parlayed that metamorphosis into a real cooking job!

I don't sense THAT much Bonnieness from this one. On a shallow level, she's not as pretty, so I think maybe she's floated along less than Bonnie did on her looks.

I need to know more though. "Brooklyn" seems promising, but "private chef" can mean almost anything. She may or may not have been to culinary school. She may or may not have worked in a professional kitchen at some point before her current job. We just don't know.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by bullymom;2879368;
    It will be interesting to see how many of these "cheftestants" are trained. You do not have to have an expensive culinary education, and expensive it is! to be a great cook. Many of the most revered chefs in the world learned from the bottom up in the kitchen. Having said that, I think there are a lot of private chefs out there who started as people with a passion for food that decided to make a business out of it. Most anyone can follow a recipe. Look at Bonnie...she literally started the show as a nanny, and ended up being a private chef. I wonder if she is back to watching kids or if she parlayed that metamorphosis into a real cooking job!
    Having to cook for myself now living on my own. I agree. Anyone can follow a recipe, but making cooking your own is where it's really at. I find that when I make things according to my tastes the food is just that much better. Of course I'm VERY plain and basic in my cooking. Nowhere near culinary material, it's just nice to be able to cook meals that I enjoy and that others like too.

Interesting point Krom about her looks and perhaps that's an indication she's floated less. Only time'll tell!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2879201;
    ... I wonder what private chef entails exactly.
    Private chef...fancy name for wife?

Bonnie's label always said Nanny/Personal Chef

Why does Corey always seem to look like she smells something foul?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast