+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rock - Season 3

Re: Rock - Season 3

Ah yeah, I'm hoping Jen wins, anyone but Rock.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I've been wondering that as well. Maybe it's the opportunity to work with Gordon Ramsay. I'm not a chef, but I know chefs who would give their left arm just for the opportunity to meet and work with him. And if you remember, Michael from season 1 turned down the restaurant for a chance to work with Gordon. This is just speculation, but maybe Rock's hoping that Gordon makes that same offer. Another idea is that it's to boost business at B. Smith's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2490849;
    Does GR have any say about contestants?
    No, he doesn't. It's been revealed that the first time he meets them is when he tastes their signature dishes.

Congratulations Rock! I'm glad you won. All the best to you and your family!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;2488724;
    Yeah but at this point I can't see a real soft side of Rock. When Chef Ramsey is not in the kitchen he can be downright delightful but it seems to take a lot of time for Rock to calm down and even when he does it's in private - I don't remember seeing him apologize to anyone for his outbursts then he gets angry all over again for the same thing. I don't know maybe it's the pressure of it all..........I have my doubts.
    You have to understand that he can't appear soft. The underlings would SMELL HIS FEAR!!!! On the soft side, see how he is with his family. There is indeed a soft side to Rock. He chooses not to show it when it isn't appropriate. Ramsey could show his soft side since he had nothing to lose or gain and was already in charge but I have seen Ramsey in the kitchen with his staff and he's like....Rock.

Probably why it was so preditable that Rock would win.

FORT Fanatic

Pressure in brings out the worst of people. It's displayed in many professions. I work at a hospital and surgeons can be bears in the OR and pussy cats when you get them out of the stressful pressure cooker.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2539264;
    You have to understand that he can't appear soft. The underlings would SMELL HIS FEAR!!!! On the soft side, see how he is with his family. There is indeed a soft side to Rock. He chooses not to show it when it isn't appropriate. Ramsey could show his soft side since he had nothing to lose or gain and was already in charge but I have seen Ramsey in the kitchen with his staff and he's like....Rock.

Probably why it was so preditable that Rock would win.
    No he does not act like he does in HK US. He may yell a bit and curse but he does not go Over the Top like he does here.

Green Valley Ranch Resort, Las Vegas : Dining : Terra Verde

I went to Green Valley Ranch Resort's web site and it had the information about Rock winning and when he's to arrive. When I go back to Vegas, I'll surely check this out!

Congratulations
    Hell’s Kitchen 3 Winner
    Chef Rock Harper!

New Head Chef at Terra Verde Italian Restaurant
    Arriving September 10, 2007 Now Open Terra Verde!

Terra Verde offers authentic Italian dishes including: homemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, fresh fish and an extensive antipasto table.

The temperature controlled wine storage hosts an impressive collection of 1,500 bottles of premiere Italian and California wines.

For reservations, please call (702) 617-7075

Sunday – Thursday 5pm – 10pm
    Friday & Saturday 5pm – 11pm

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2573195;
    It's interesting that the article mentions both Rock and Heather are "head chefs" and that Rock's boss is the executive chef. it makes the prize seem kinda "eh". (though I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at $250 large )
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast