+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Rock - Season 3

  1. #41
    FORT Fan Impervious1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    271

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    You can't compare Rock to GR, GR is well established and Rock is far far from that, it's like comparing an ant to a giant, LOL. Anyway with that awful attitude, Rock isn't going to get far with anything let alone a cooking career.

  2. #42
    FORT Librarian HaikenEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    471

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    The guy's prolly just being screwed by the editing, ya know. Making him Mr. Everybody Loves to Hate and all that jazz.
    Revenge is ice cream.

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,134

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    True -- but his referring to himself in the third person doesn't help. And each time he loses his temper, he gives the editors more footage to work with.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  4. #44
    FORT Fan Impervious1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    271

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Ah ya, I never buy the "editing" excuse, I never do.

  5. #45
    FORT Librarian HaikenEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    471

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Me neither. I'm just suggesting it's a possibility.
    Revenge is ice cream.

  6. #46
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    110

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;2488724;
    Yeah but at this point I can't see a real soft side of Rock. When Chef Ramsey is not in the kitchen he can be downright delightful but it seems to take a lot of time for Rock to calm down and even when he does it's in private - I don't remember seeing him apologize to anyone for his outbursts then he gets angry all over again for the same thing. I don't know maybe it's the pressure of it all..........I have my doubts.
    Even though I think he is going to win, I can't see him staying long at the GVR. He will end up with a lower position than stated, he will get pissed, start with the 'tude, not work with the team well (or women for that matter) and will then leave. From what we see, I would think GVR would have second thoughts about him, unless they see additional footage that tells a different story.

  7. #47
    FORT Fanatic kev89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    504

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI;2490727;
    Even though I think he is going to win, I can't see him staying long at the GVR. He will end up with a lower position than stated, he will get pissed, start with the 'tude, not work with the team well (or women for that matter) and will then leave. From what we see, I would think GVR would have second thoughts about him, unless they see additional footage that tells a different story.
    I actually have doubts as to whether he takes the job in the first place. He's executive chef at B. Smith's, which I hear is a great restaurant, and he supposidley has a great personal relationship with it's owner, Barbara Smith, who has a lifestyle empire, including restaurants and a furniture line. I personally wouldn't blame him for turning the job down because it sounds like he has a great job already.

  8. #48
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Well, if that was the case, what was the point to Rock joining? At least with someone not as far up the ladder as Julia, Bonnie, or even Brad I can see why, it would definitely be a promotion for them. If it was just for the fame, well, then I'd classify Rock as nothing more than a famewhore. And I think my opinion of those people doesn't have to be re-stated.

  9. #49
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    110

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2490786;
    I actually have doubts as to whether he takes the job in the first place. He's executive chef at B. Smith's, which I hear is a great restaurant, and he supposidley has a great personal relationship with it's owner, Barbara Smith, who has a lifestyle empire, including restaurants and a furniture line. I personally wouldn't blame him for turning the job down because it sounds like he has a great job already.
    So if thats the case, why is he on the show??? Knowing that, why would GR/GVR select him in the first place???

  10. #50
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,216

    Re: Rock - Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI;2490831;
    So if thats the case, why is he on the show??? Knowing that, why would GR/GVR select him in the first place???
    Does GR have any say about contestants?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.