+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rock - Season 3

Re: Rock - Season 3

You can't compare Rock to GR, GR is well established and Rock is far far from that, it's like comparing an ant to a giant, LOL. Anyway with that awful attitude, Rock isn't going to get far with anything let alone a cooking career.

The guy's prolly just being screwed by the editing, ya know. Making him Mr. Everybody Loves to Hate and all that jazz.
    Revenge is ice cream.

True -- but his referring to himself in the third person doesn't help. And each time he loses his temper, he gives the editors more footage to work with.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ah ya, I never buy the "editing" excuse, I never do.

Me neither. I'm just suggesting it's a possibility.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;2488724;
    Yeah but at this point I can't see a real soft side of Rock. When Chef Ramsey is not in the kitchen he can be downright delightful but it seems to take a lot of time for Rock to calm down and even when he does it's in private - I don't remember seeing him apologize to anyone for his outbursts then he gets angry all over again for the same thing. I don't know maybe it's the pressure of it all..........I have my doubts.
    Even though I think he is going to win, I can't see him staying long at the GVR. He will end up with a lower position than stated, he will get pissed, start with the 'tude, not work with the team well (or women for that matter) and will then leave. From what we see, I would think GVR would have second thoughts about him, unless they see additional footage that tells a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI;2490727;
    Even though I think he is going to win, I can't see him staying long at the GVR. He will end up with a lower position than stated, he will get pissed, start with the 'tude, not work with the team well (or women for that matter) and will then leave. From what we see, I would think GVR would have second thoughts about him, unless they see additional footage that tells a different story.
    I actually have doubts as to whether he takes the job in the first place. He's executive chef at B. Smith's, which I hear is a great restaurant, and he supposidley has a great personal relationship with it's owner, Barbara Smith, who has a lifestyle empire, including restaurants and a furniture line. I personally wouldn't blame him for turning the job down because it sounds like he has a great job already.

Leo
    Premium Member

Well, if that was the case, what was the point to Rock joining? At least with someone not as far up the ladder as Julia, Bonnie, or even Brad I can see why, it would definitely be a promotion for them. If it was just for the fame, well, then I'd classify Rock as nothing more than a famewhore. And I think my opinion of those people doesn't have to be re-stated.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2490786;
    I actually have doubts as to whether he takes the job in the first place. He's executive chef at B. Smith's, which I hear is a great restaurant, and he supposidley has a great personal relationship with it's owner, Barbara Smith, who has a lifestyle empire, including restaurants and a furniture line. I personally wouldn't blame him for turning the job down because it sounds like he has a great job already.
    So if thats the case, why is he on the show??? Knowing that, why would GR/GVR select him in the first place???

Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI;2490831;
    So if thats the case, why is he on the show??? Knowing that, why would GR/GVR select him in the first place???
    Does GR have any say about contestants?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast