+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rock - Season 3

Where The Wind Comes Sweeping Down The Plains

Re: Rock - Season 3

I want Rock to go next. Wait, scratch that. I want Ramsey to tear him a
    new one, then he can go.
    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. -Bono

If you want Rock to go, then who do you want to win?? I don't think I have ever really been impressed with a HK contestant. My opinion of Rock has been diminished by his outbursts and bad attitude when other people win, but on the other hand he also seems like the only one of the chefs left with even an ounce of leadership ability. I can't see any of the other chefs successfully running their own restaurant...

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;2478600;
    The guy needs to go. Might be able to cook but no one that I know in the culinary field or hospitality field would want to work with a manager with THAT attitude

Actually in my experience that is the attitude held by numerous head chefs. Most head chef are perpetually angry megadivos

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2481557;
    Actually in my experience that is the attitude held by numerous head chefs. Most head chef are perpetually angry megadivos
    Yeah, Gordon Ramsay comes to mind.

FORT Newbie...but wise SheezaLuLu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2478785;
    There's self-confidence, and then there's arrogance. Seeing a little too much of the latter from Rock lately.
    All this time, since the show began, Rock has been bugging me with his arrogant facial expressions and his attitude has always rubbed me the wrong way. I kept thinking over and over that I have SEEN HIM BEFORE!!! It has been driving me nuts

I think I finally figured it out today...Before we got DirectTV we watched a cable channel from Canada, and every night they showed a couple of really bad 30-minute dating shows back to back. One of them was Elimi-Date, and the one I am thinking most about was called EX-Treme Dating--where the "Ex" goes on a date with a hot lady, and the "Ex-GIRLfriends" tattle on him during the date to the new lady by means of a wired broadcast. The girl could choose to continue the date by being in the back seat of the car at the end of the show. I could swear Rock was the "Ex" and he was a complete jerk on the date! If it wasn't him, someone sure looks just like him on that date! Or the other show was "Average Joe" ? How can we find out if he was ever a contestant on one of these shows?
    Gee can you tell I am hooked on trashy dating shows

Quote Originally Posted by SheezaLuLu;2482310;
    All this time, since the show began, Rock has been bugging me with his arrogant facial expressions and his attitude has always rubbed me the wrong way. I kept thinking over and over that I have SEEN HIM BEFORE!!! It has been driving me nuts

I think I finally figured it out today...Before we got DirectTV we watched a cable channel from Canada, and every night they showed a couple of really bad 30-minute dating shows back to back. One of them was Elimi-Date, and the one I am thinking most about was called EX-Treme Dating--where the "Ex" goes on a date with a hot lady, and the "Ex-GIRLfriends" tattle on him during the date to the new lady by means of a wired broadcast. The girl could choose to continue the date by being in the back seat of the car at the end of the show. I could swear Rock was the "Ex" and he was a complete jerk on the date! If it wasn't him, someone sure looks just like him on that date! Or the other show was "Average Joe" ? How can we find out if he was ever a contestant on one of these shows?
    Gee can you tell I am hooked on trashy dating shows
    Do you know when this show aired? I've heard that Rock married his high school sweetheart, though I have to check on that date, but I'll look into it.

Edit: I don't think he was. The show Ex-Treme Dating aired in 2002, and Rock's thirty, meaning he likely graduated around 1995. Since he married a girl from high school, he was probably already married by the time they made the show.
    Last edited by kev89; 07-19-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shel93;2479952;
    I want Rock to go next. Wait, scratch that. I want Ramsey to tear him a
    new one, then he can go.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2481611;
    Yeah, Gordon Ramsay comes to mind.

Bingo! Head Chefs are divas of the worst order. At least this guy has leadership ability along with attitude. He will need attitiude if he gets that job.

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2488697;
    Bingo! Head Chefs are divas of the worst order. At least this guy has leadership ability along with attitude. He will need attitiude if he gets that job.
    Yeah but at this point I can't see a real soft side of Rock. When Chef Ramsey is not in the kitchen he can be downright delightful but it seems to take a lot of time for Rock to calm down and even when he does it's in private - I don't remember seeing him apologize to anyone for his outbursts then he gets angry all over again for the same thing. I don't know maybe it's the pressure of it all..........I have my doubts.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;2488724;
    Yeah but at this point I can't see a real soft side of Rock.
    Well, he was boo-hoo-hooing in the pre-elimination confessional . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast