+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 8/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    red Rock is off the strip. It's a destination resort and has enough rooms to ensure the survival of most of its restaurants. It's very popular and has been getting excellent reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by crislsoul View Post
    One of the nasty things Virginia did was when she came back with gifts that were insulting. I mean I could not stand Sarah but giving her a cow creamer?
    and keith took her to Vegas on the town but she brought him back a $1.99 crab shell cracker. As if to say "ha ha You had to clean the crabs and I got to go with Ramsey shopping."I can't figure out why she got Heather the potholder though.
    She didn't have to buy those guys anything, it was her reward. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered. Still those guys are mean to her so that was her way of getting back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She didn't have to buy those guys anything, it was her reward. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered. Still those guys are mean to her so that was her way of getting back.
    After the way they treated her they were lucky to get that stuff. Can you see K-grease buying presents? I think not. I agree, it was brilliant payback.

FORT Regular

Too Many Cooks in The Kitchen?

Well, I'm glad Keith is eliminated, I figured he would be. Although from his nasty reaction, he must have figured he would win. Surprise, K-Sleazy! One doofus down, two more to go, and pray that next season actually has better human beings and more talented cooks.

I don't believe that there's a shot that either of these women qualify for or will be allowed to RUN a restaurant at Red Rock Resort. I think either Ramsay will offer the winner a mentored position in one of his new restaurants opening up this fall, or like the Apprentice, one of the "winners" ended up in some office phone hocking Trump Ice water; this "executive chef" position is more like checking off shipment arrivals, doing inventory, and sharpening pencils. Does someone here know if these large restaurants have more than one executive chef? Like a small herd of them (donkeys) that do different things within these corporate structured restaurant? It occurs to me that the HK winner won't really be "running" this restaurant or anything else, for that matter, but probably an entry level trainee for "exec chef" with maybe a few stock options. They may be better off taking the Ramsay mentorship, if offered.

Please, please, please don't let Virginia win this, regardless! I've talked to 6 yr. olds out here riding bikes that can construct a sentence better and sound 5 times more intelligent than Virginia any day. This woman suffers from wandering gray matter and it appears most of the time it resides in her chest! BTW, the previews showed a reporter asking Virginia what her husband thought of her being on HK. Her facial expression of blankness was hysterically funny...like "who?...um..just give me a minute...I dunno what's going on.." I think that the families of these final two will be the diners, like last year, and will vote on the dishes they like the best. That means we get to see this poor, long-suffering, newlywed man she bagged...bet his buddies teased him wicked over his new wife's flirting 'n grinning!

The contestants returning for the finale as kitchen help are: Giacomo, Keith, Tom, Rachel, Garrett, and Sara. That wrecks it for me right there as I've seen just about enough of Tom, Sara, and Keith! Jeez, did you see Keith in the previews, sitting out back with all the returnees, and saying, "I want money (for this), and I want it now!" Those 6 yr. olds out here riding their bikes...more mature and way more gracious at losing!

Like I said, pray for better contestants next season! I mean, they'd HAVE TO BE BETTER, wouldn't they?
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 08-11-2006 at 02:02 PM.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Face it, the real chefs are going to be on Top Chef, where they can actually create and be more than line cooks.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213