+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrett - Season 2

FORT Regular

Prison, Perspiration, and Parting of the Ways

Quote Originally Posted by garrett_hk2 View Post
    i am sorry to say folks that i have been told that i'm not allowed to participate in any message boards. i hope you guys understand.
    Since there's a 50/50 chance that this poster is actually the real Garrett, I'll go with it, even though being a bit suspicious is normal for forum posters.

When I first saw these posts from Garrett, I just knew it wouldn't last long. We had a similiar experience with Lee Ann from Top Chef trying to post here at FORT. She was also informed that she was not allowed to do that and she even had to take her blogs of the show down. More's the pity, in both cases!

I had Garrett, Jomo (my nick for Giacomo) and Heather picked out for the strongest three among the rest for the first two episodes.

Spending time in prison would toughen one up, obviously. If translated positively once leaving those circumstances, it can help that person develop an extraordinarily strong survival instinct in life. The "I can do this, I've been thru worse" mindset. I saw this in Garrett. If focused on the task at hand & not losing his temper, plus combined with his cooking skills, I think he'll go fairly far in this show.

I don't really have a problem with any of the remarks so far concerning males vs. females. That's why the producers decided to polarize the teams that way. I'm sure all the contestants were strongly encouraged to trash talk each other's sex for the dramatic effects. Soon, in the competition, it will be narrowed down to become individuals crapping on each other. All in a day's work!

If I could ask two questions of Garrett at this point and get answers:

**Jeez Luweeze...the viewing audience was mostly horrified by the unsanitary conditions of sweating, broken-bottle wine pouring, long hair flopping
    around, etc. Could you tell us your thoughts on this from actually being there?

**Who in hell are those diners, anyway? Are they actors/wannabees; relatives of the crew; everyday people who answered the ads put out for a free meal if you can dress-up & know something about fancy food? In any case, it's obvious they were "directed" to some extent. (I read somewhere that those dining room scenes took 8 hrs. to film)

Hell's Kitchen is kind of a train-wreck of a show; but like any other gory catastrophe, it's hard to look away in spite of the revulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by garrett_hk2 View Post
    first of all people its boys aginst the girls. get it. thats why i'm saying they dont stand a chance. hell they probably will say the same thing. as far as the prison thing goes..... well i'll leave that to the show to explain.
    I should get more info before I post things. I didn't realize until AFTER I posted that it was men against women (I missed that in the show info before it premired).

I take back the comment of going down in flames (me face a bit reddish right now and wishing there was an edit button that I could make it go away and pretend I never wrote it )

FORT Fogey
    I watched the shows again and I don't get where the criticism is coming from. He didn't do anything other than be the most competent male thus Ramsey asking him to nominate two of the weakest.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I just don't like'm. Gut feeling.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Hmmm. He's not bad looking, really. Nice blue eyes. Don't mind that he learned his skills in prison. You wouldn't want to be a bad chef there. Everyone would know where you live Free education. Captive audience. Experienced when you get out. Beats the laundry room I'd say! Good on him for trying out for it.

But I'm just not sure if I LIKE him. You know. As a person. And I have to like the winner don't I??
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well garrett I hope after the finale airs you can come back in and tell us the scoop. Don't be like a certain other chef contestant who promised a scoop and never came back

That said... I know you were in a fit of pique and upset at having to do all the laundry. But I didn't think the trash talking to Heather was fair... (or to them all). They won by Gordon's choice, so, nothing to be mad about.

It did seem like when things got competitive your gloves might come off. I'd be afraid to turn my back on you in a kitchen Overstating a bit but just being honest.

By the way garrett, have you read Giacomo's thread? He has some nasty things to say about you in some interview. Link given in his thread.

Magic Mayo: I know for a fact that an ad was put out for people to apply to be 'diners' in Hell's Kitchen. I don't know this next part for a fact but having come up with actors myself I'd say the ones who hogged camera time/had lines were actors.

But people are saying they had to be in SAG... not so. First - most TV is AFTRA, not SAG. Second, it's possible to sign a contract with an actor's union that means you can hire non union people (i.e. first timers) but have to abide by the union's rules about hours and such anyway. So they could have been non union actors. In fact those lines may be enough to get them IN a union afterward. Which may be why they did it

Also the ad said that you may NOT be fed during taping. So their huffing and puffing is fake.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, well, the comment about laundry was terrible, Garret! You really think that? You are going to have a hard time with women with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Yeah, well, the comment about laundry was terrible, Garret! You really think that? You are going to have a hard time with women with that attitude.
    I'm pretty sure the laundry comment was Sweaty Tom.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I thought Garrett did ok today. Oh, except for tasting things before they go out! And sending out Cold spaghetti. Now that Tom is out of his face, he might just improve. One can only hope.

He did take direction well from Heather though. I think he can learn but I don't think he can lead.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    His only "motivation" to do good is the threat of going back to jail? Okay.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast