+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrett - Season 2

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I don't like the guy at all. Every time they show him doing a "confessional" to the camera, he's always got some smarmy, jerk-off thing to say.
    Not to mention, we didn't actually see him do anything. They (producers) are probably just building up to him...as a possible dark horse contender.. but, IMO.. no thank you. His personality will be his downfall.

Also...for Pete sake... how many times do we need to here that you went to prison!?!?!?? The only thing I can take from the constant mention of it..is that he's proud of it. I mean, why else are we being told over and over about it?
    As if we're suppose to have some sort of "respect" for a criminal learning how to cook in prison. Pffftt.. Big whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by garrett h2
    first of all people its boys aginst the girls. get it. thats why i'm saying they dont stand a chance. hell they probably will say the same thing. as far as the prison thing goes..... well i'll leave that to the show to explain.
    If this is you.. hope you have a strong backbone and can handle harsh criticism.
    But, since you've been in prison... a thread at the Fort should be a cakewalk, eh?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Didn't they say last night why he was in prison? Yeah, it was stolen checks and he spent five years in the slammer.

I think it's going to be between this guy and Heather. I don't really like his attitude about the women (esp. as seen in previews) but then all of the guys were slamming the girls when they were sitting around drinking. Hopefully it was just his competitive nature and he really doesn't believe that women don't stand a chance against men.

im not sexist at all i have nothing but respect for people who deserve it i dont care if they are men or women. what you need to realize people is that through the magic of editing they can make anyone look any way they want to

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Uh oh. Thee 'ole editing argument and we're only 2 episodes in. I see something happening that'll be explosive. Yeah!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post

If this is you.. hope you have a strong backbone and can handle harsh criticism.
    But, since you've been in prison... a thread at the Fort should be a cakewalk, eh?
    yes its me. and i dont mind criticism at all, just try to remember that they take two days of filming and edit it into one hour. they can make anyone whatever character they want. that being said "am i ashamed of going to prison" no it has made me the man i am today "am i proud they put up prison chef every time america sees me" no because that doesnt define me as a person its just where ive been. try to keep that in mind when you watch. oh and the pounds beers thing..... really i just drink them like a normal person

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    but all that aside I think he's kinda cute
    i hoped people would think im cuter than tom anyway

You're definitely cuter than Tom.

I'll give you a break on the editing thing, but you'll probably get the argument on here that they can't edit "in" stuff, just edit out. (although, of course, we all realize how bits can be taken when taken out of context.)

It's tough for me to make many judgements on it, just seeing the two episodes we saw last night, but I'm definitely excited to see more of the show!

If you don't mind answering two questions, Garrett...how long have you been out of prison, and what happened to all of the steaks you all cut in last night's show? (it made me crazy to see all of the wasted food on the show!)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by garrett_hk2 View Post
    i hoped people would think im cuter than tom anyway
    I'd second that you are.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey
    garret, You are definately cute and I thought you did well last night. I was surprised to see all of this criticism. I came here to post that you and Heather stood out as quite sane and capable within the format of this dramatic effort.

I supported your nomination of Tom but I would have called sweating as the reason. That is very alarming to the casual viewer, working with him? Yow.

I know you cannot give anything away but this show is pretty transparent. The diners all have sag cards, or at least the ones who have lines. Any tid bits you can pass on are always appreciated. I expect to see you make it very far.

to the FORT, Garrett. It will be great to have your insight into the show this season.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie
    i am sorry to say folks that i have been told that i'm not allowed to participate in any message boards. i hope you guys understand. i was looking forward to taking all your crap but i guess i'll have to watch from the sidelines. love you all keep watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast