+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virginia - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    I'm glad that jailbird Garrett went home instead of Virginia.

Whatever

She's going to take it all! She's the only person on there who's actually marketable! I don't know why people are saying she can't cook. Obviously Chef always seems to love her food and presentation. She does need to relax and quit calling herself stupid so much. It's sad. But I still think she'll win!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-25-2006 at 08:05 PM. Reason: color text

FORT Fogey
    Man, I'm glad at the end she decided to keep the immunity and become one of the final 3.

FORT Regular
    I think it will all come down to what Chef Ramsey values more, creativity or funcitonality.

Virginia seems to be a star at the creative aspect of being a chef. She tends to come up with the best dishes and when she is not pressured by the people around her, she seems to be able to execute well.

Contrast that to Heather who kicks butt in the service area but seems to lack any sort of creativity at all.

I understand a chef should be able to do everyone's job within the kitchen but what difference does that make if there is nothing that separates the restaraunt from any other. The uniqueness of the individual chef is what tends to set them apart. If Virgina is left to be creative and can learn how to supervise others well, I dont see her lack of ability in service being a huge hinderance.

Maybe I'm wrong....we'll see how she does when they each step into Ramsey's shoes next week.

This girl is a flake but there is something about her that is endearing.

It would be hilarious if all of her incompetence was actually acting, and she actually makes it to the final episode, where she blows up and shows her full potential. That would get me rolling
    Revenge is ice cream.

She just seems to have no self confidence! It is obnoxious how she puts herself down all the time, and I can tell it irritates Gordo. And her shameless crush annoys me--she's a newlywed for Christsakes!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    She just seems to have no self confidence! It is obnoxious how she puts herself down all the time, and I can tell it irritates Gordo. And her shameless crush annoys me--she's a newlywed for Christsakes!
    Why is it obnoixous, she obviously has self esteem and self confidence issues. Maybe seeing herself on TV will show her how she presents herself to others and if nothing else she will learn to present a more self confident public face.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Why is it obnoixous, she obviously has self esteem and self confidence issues. Maybe seeing herself on TV will show her how she presents herself to others and if nothing else she will learn to present a more self confident public face.
    It just is! I am sick of the oh, whoa is me crap. She has no self-esteem in the kitchen, but she must be hangin' tough in the bedroom because those big ol' hooters are what has kept her alive, and her come-ons to the construction workers. I hope she is seeing how she presents herself as she watches this on tv. And I hope her husband tells her to cut out some of the schoolgirl flirtiness. It just isn't becoming.

What a complete basketcase!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

aye, I like virginia... she's just a doofus

obviously she'll go next week... i was more interested in sarah getting the boot because she was there entirely too long

as far as self esteem issues... i don't think its low, it's just that Virginia has a weird personality and is a bit timid/non-assertive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast