+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chef Ramsay says women can't cook

Chef Ramsay says women can't cook

I read on sympatico a few days ago, that Chef Ramsay thinks women can't cook. He says that women only buy done meals and that only men take time to cook well. I really dissagree with him...Women can cook too!

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    I found this on the web:

AT home, despite being a devoted husband to teacher-turned-TV presenter, Tana, and children, Megan, seven, twins Jack and Holly, five, and three-year-old Matilda, he's equally as uncompromising when it comes to his craft.

"Tana's not allowed in my kitchen," he says. "It's a lifelong ban. But she's got her own.

"Wouldn't you do the same? You've got his and her bathrooms. You know what men are like, when they shave they don't clean the plug hole out. It's the same with me. I don't want her in my kitchen."
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....he_f_word.html

I wasn't offended by the article, I merely thought, "hey I resemble that remark", LOL

Quote Originally Posted by exxotica View Post
    I read on sympatico a few days ago, that Chef Ramsay thinks women can't cook. He says that women only buy done meals and that only men take time to cook well. I really dissagree with him...Women can cook too!
    Read back in this thread a bit. The consensus is that he doesn't mean all women. He means a certain group of them. He's not talking about innate ability either--he's talking about the reality of British young-urban-professional types, although to be fair it is certainly has to also be true to the males of that type too, as well as the Americans of the same ilk.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I often think FORTers are too PC,
    Hey! I am actively and proudly an anti-PC Forter*...and I work hard every.day to keep up those credentials.
    ..so I was pleasantly surprised that so many posters are defending instead of taking offense to Ramsey's comments.
    I like Ramsay, so..I defend him as well.

* = within Fort guidelines. Most of the time.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one who thinks this may be some sort of foreshadowing to a woman winning the show?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I dunno - but I do think a woman will win... then again... I think some said the same about Top Chef??

But just by sheer odds here - the men are all almost gone already! Lol... and those who are left are hardly strong contendahs... then again who knows. /covering my behind either way Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Out of curiosity, am I the only one who thinks this may be some sort of foreshadowing to a woman winning the show?

No. The comment was made in October of 2005 about British women. If it turns out that a woman will win this season, it's only extreme irony.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I know for a fact that some women just do not have the skill required to cook decently, my mother being one of them. Whenever she makes a meal, she takes all the ingredients, throws it in a pot with boiling water and lets it cook for an hour or two.... Everything she cooks tastes the same and is one piled splatter of gobbly-gook; not my idea of a decent meal.

That's the reason I took up cooking.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Mmmmmm Gobbly-goop.
    *threadjack* or as Felix put it, in one episode of the odd couple when Oscar cooked "Goop Melange'" *end threadjack*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast