+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/20 Recap: Risotto Voce

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Hi, I'm phat32, and I'll be your chef for the rest of the season. Phat!!!!! Yipee!, Not that I won't miss the snarkmistress, but..... Phat, ladies and gentlemen! Yipee!

May I recommend the Miller High Life as the perfect accompaniment to your recap? (Excellent choice, sir!) I shall bring you the screw cap for your inspection...

Jimmy looks about ready to sleep. And, frankly, I know the feeling, since I call meetings at work (finger quotes) "My Happy Nap Time."

I find the challenge utterly confusing. There's more metal on the table than at a Renaissance Faire. I recognize and can identify a soup spoon, beverage spoon, sorbet spoon...uh, corkscrew. Um. I think that's an escargot...thing. Eyelash curler, maybe. Scalpel. Tire iron. Putter. Uh. Letter opener. Tuning fork. Guitar pick. Er, butter...that is, bread...knife. Uh...

The plates are so close to the edge of the table--not to mention misaligned--that if the patron were to sit down, he or she could easily tip the plate over by moving his or her chest too close to the table. (We're looking at you, Carmen Electra!) I resemble that remark!!! This has happened more times than I care to admit...

Listen, I'm not exactly crazy about the idea of eating something I may accidentally hit with my car. The exception to that rule is venison. Phat, you're testing my love for ya now
    Great recap, and I loved the title! Spot on! Cheers!
    Could does not mean should

Great recap, Phat! This show is a must watch for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat32
    Andrew believes that by keeping his mouth shut, he's demonstrated that he's a learning machine. America, start your spit takes. Andrew! C'mon! The Terminator is a "learning machine"! You? You've taken one too many rides on the short bus!
    Ahh, the short bus!! I love short bus jokes! Man, do I miss grade school.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Voiceover Narrator tells us plebes sitting at home eating an Eskimo Pie, waiting for the evening rerun of Maury ("Becuz it's 'nuther paternity test show!") that "To be a master chef, one must understand how to prepare a wide variety of foods."

I couldn't agree more. In my kitchen, the menu often includes macaroni avec la fromage, les sticks de poisson, le ramen chinois and the wine cellar is graced with such fine vintages as Kool-Aid Tropical Blast (2003).
    Are you taking reservations? I'd rather be eating your cuisine any day. Hopefull you won't make me wait 2-3 hours for my macaroni avec la fromage and then tell me your kitchen is closed.

Thanks for making weekly visit with Ramsay not-so-hellish.

LG.
    great job, Phat. Loved this part:
    Ramsay sends back the risotto and bellows that he wants "THREE GREAT RISOTTOS!" I've never heard the phrase "risotto" sound so menacing before. That's quite a feat, really.
    Spooky Risotto - something to serve on a date to see Land of the Dead this weekend
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

You had me at "Hi". Great recap!

That recap was "spot on".

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    ay I tell you about our specials? Our special tonight is Snark, served open-faced, rare, on a bed of lettuce. It's accompanied by a side of crappy puns, shucked to perfection.

Ramsay has held the (back-handed) honor for nearly a decade, probably because the other leading chef, disgusted with losing to Ramsay, quit his fry cook position at the Piccadilly Circus McDonald's and returned to shearing sheep.

Eyelash curler

Voiceover Narrator tells us plebes sitting at home eating an Eskimo Pie, waiting for the evening rerun of Maury ("Becuz it's 'nuther paternity test show!")

I couldn't agree more. In my kitchen, the menu often includes macaroni avec la fromage, les sticks de poisson, le ramen chinois and the wine cellar is graced with such fine vintages as Kool-Aid Tropical Blast (2003).
    Great read phat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12