+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Chef's tasting your food before it goes out of the kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    yeah, chef's always taste there food to make sure it's up to par

best thing is to not think about the food peparation and try not to piss off anyone involved along the food prep chain
    So true Dogg,I also try not to piss off the people I call to order my
    pizza from,and I give the delivery person a generous tip.

We always treat our servers well and give healthy tip, don't want anything strange floating in my diet coke or anything like that...

I'd just rather not think about what goes on in the kitchen as long as my food tastes good when it comes out & looks presentable
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I hope this practice doesn't wander over to my local Mickey D's. Can't imagine some pimply faced kid nibbling on my Big Mac to make sure it was done. Gross Me Out The Door. I guess high-priced sous-per chefs don't get Hepatitis.

Quote Originally Posted by tmlw1971
    I hope this practice doesn't wander over to my local Mickey D's. Can't imagine some pimply faced kid nibbling on my Big Mac to make sure it was done. Gross Me Out The Door. I guess high-priced sous-per chefs don't get Hepatitis.
    The kids at McD's have timers to tell them when things are done. And even if they didn't, do you think they'd really care if it was done when they served it? No.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Having worked in several resturants over the years its common to see the chef tasting food that way...its probably one of the reasons why new york makes all food handlers wear gloves....seems to me the more stars a resturant has the more likely chef has tasted everything.....almost as if the michelaen guy is wacthing to make sure they do.....

Quote Originally Posted by DamonVictor
    I seen on Iron Chef the cook tasting it with a spoon and using same spoon to stir, Sakai was good at doing that, as for Ramsey I seen him do it , personally I think it is sick, I mean you don't know what that finger as touched( such as raw chicken or stuff)
    Iron Chef Japanese (III) Masaharu Morimoto commented on this at one time. He said that, at least on Iron Chef, the chefs only did that with very hot foods, hot enough to kill any germs that could be transmitted.

I just hope that the other restaurants that engage in this practice are as safety-minded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12