+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6/6 recap: Squids, Stones, and the Little Dewberry That Couldnít

Hushpuppies are a culinary gift from God, much like chili dogs with cheese or fries covered in ranch dressing, bacon, and cheddar. Hushpuppies are the only thing in the vicinity of seafood that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    So in that sense, this show IS like hell, at least if you were Sisyphus in hell, condemned to repeat the same task over and over again. I guess that makes me Sisyphus.

What, have they got unisex bathrooms there?
    That's what I was wondering. Was she lying in wait for him or something? That part seemed pretty scripted to me.

Oh, little berry man, you are a long way from being in the position to mete out payback.

Dewberry, the poor naÔve soul, said he was afraid it was a gun. A gun? On what is probably a very well-guarded TV set? Um, yeah, Dewberry. You ainít in Kansas anymore, but youíre not in Watts either. Chill.

Chrisís balls firmly in hand, Ramsay reminds the group that last night was horrendous.

Oh, how absolutely nasty. That is the last thing Iíd want to see at 6 a.m. Or, really, any time of day. I sincerely hope none of them were drinking last night.
    That's what I though. Yuck! I used to work in a restaurant and people would order shrimp and scallops fettucine as soon as we opened at 10am!!! It. Was. Vile.

(You shut up, northerners. You donít know what youíre missing. I was once teased by a waitress in Mystic, Connecticut for asking for hushpuppies. It is your loss, people.)

Personally, I hope I never get big-headed enough to dole out dinner dates with me as a prize.

but Iím not entirely sure how that works and I doubt any of you were ready to reenact it based on my directions so screw it.

. Most normal people might consider seeing a doctor, but not Jeff. He wants to work through the pain.

that suggests heís standing in a battle trench pepping people to go die for their country, instead of for the squid.

Of course, if the 11 wannabes back in the kitchen donít have a cooking epiphany soon, Spaghettios would live up to what Ramsayís reputation will become.

If you want it fast, go to McDonaldís. If you want to be on TV Ė and get a three-star meal if youíre lucky Ė sit your ass down.

He must have minored in Being a Prick.
    ]

Great job Lucy!!!! You're recaps are always brilliant. I love reading them.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by howie
    Great recap! I too love hushpuppies, but I haven't had them in 15 years, or so.
    Ooh, Howie - I had them twice this week, both times with a fried shrimp dinner, two different restaurants, two different recipes. Yummmmm, Ymmmmmm!

Great job, Lucy!

Excellent Recap. As a transplanted Southerner I must say that the hushpuppy should be a food group all unto itself. Luv them. Love your re-cap.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Great recap Lucy......Not sure I will watch all the episodes if they remain that much alike.....but I think the recaps are great and wont give up on them....ya gotta love Fort...

Lucy, I absolutely love your recaps. I should have known better than to read this on an airplane...I had to literally put my hand over my mouth to keep my laughter down to a low roar. Thanks, friend, for the Big Laughs...I especially got a kick out of the one I bolded. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    What, No Clock Radio? Cheap-Ass Fox

Wasnít Jeff Foreshadowing Boy last week as well?

You ainít in Kansas anymore, but youíre not in Watts either. Chill.

Chrisís balls firmly in hand, Ramsay reminds the group that last night was horrendous.

This Is Your Squid on Speed

Personally, I hope I never get big-headed enough to dole out dinner dates with me as a prize.

You know what they say Ė you can want in one hand and, er, poop in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Going to Hell in a Breadbasket

ScrewYouberry

Although even Iím getting irritated at these whiny customers. If you want it fast, go to McDonaldís. If you want to be on TV Ė and get a three-star meal if youíre lucky Ė sit your ass down.

Because obviously a doctorate in music education makes him all-knowing. He must have minored in Being a Prick.

Dewberry hands over his chef jacket, exposing some serious man-boobs, and leaves.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123