+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 6/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Someone is going to deck Ramsey soon enough, my money on Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Who is DH? Are you referring to Dewberry, cause if so, I'm surprised he was in the Navy because you don't have to 'ask' him, you can just 'tell'.

ETA: Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I'd say he's got that "queer little fellow, isn't he?" type of Les Nessman (WKRP) manliness rather than being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Is Jeff dying? What is going on? Did Chef Ramsay poison him??
    I sure wish Ramsay had been on hand to enjoy that spectacle, I bet it would have brought a rare smile to his face. "Whatever" gal had the proper response. If Jeff was in a bad way he coulda/shoulda dialed 911, otherwise he should have stuck a sock in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Though Ramsey showed a softer side at dinner with the red team he is basically one dimentional. An entire season of him screaming and bleeping is going to get old fast.
    The whole episode overall seemed more serene to me, and I expect that Ramsay will be mainly positive toward the end of the season, assuming it's around for us to see. If Ramsay enjoyed screaming and bleeping because he was twisted instead of using it as a tool I think we'd see it on his face at some point. The cussing/screaming is too engrained to expect that it'll disappear entirely, but once they move past the stage of making the same mistakes and moving at a slugs pace, Ramsay will moderate accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhippetcrazy
    I was surprised that Ramsey gave Chris the honors of picking the nominees for elimination.....he seemed to have it out for him for being an "executive chef" and for not coming right away at "roll call".
    Thanks for the reminder about the "roll call" portion of the show, wwhippetcrazy; I loved Chris's lollygagging cluelessness, but felt kind of cheated with the minimal reaction Ramsay had when he sauntered in. I was trying in vain to recall how to indicate in print the frostily denigrating tone that Ramsay used both in saying executive and chef to Chris. He left no doubt at those moments just how worthless he considered Chris to be.

Basically it seemed like the same show as episode 1 to me, substituting the squid for the contestants' signature dishes. I would have preferred to see some of the scenes where Ramsey was teaching them.

I think that if Jeff had kidney stones he should have mentioned it to someone. If it is kidney stones, was he suffering before he arrived? Is he on medication? He must have just seemed like just a whiner if he didn't tell anyone what the problem was.

I guess that the people in England do not expect much in a restaurant. As long as they get food that isn't boiled they seem to be willing to be insulted by waiters and chefs. How else could what Ramsey is providing be considered good service.

DamonVictor said that he expected someone to deck Ramsey soon. Maybe someone will take out that smug little Maitre'd. I was hoping that the guy with the pizza would put up a fight when they made him leave. His ordering a pizza was one of the saner reactions to being treated like crap.

Now that the novelty of Ramsey's abuse has worn off, there is not much substance left in the show.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I almost wish this show was based in New York, just to see that the critics there would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Who cares if you have a doctorate in music from USC? Not like it's Juilliard, dude. Plus, what's your point?
    That was kind of a bizarre non sequitur, wasn't it? I mean, what does that have to do with your food coming late? I swear that guy was drunk, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper
    One thing that bothers me is that Ramsay is throwing away all this "bad" food because it's not up to his "standards", but then at the end of the night, he lists all the food that went out that the customers hated. You have to be consistent! If he was really throwing away all the bad food, then there should be no negative reviews from the customers based on the flavor.

I was thinking the same thing, Hyper. Especially in the second episode -- but that was probably because almost nothing got out of the kitchen in the first episode to be rated.

Exactly what is the point of Ramsey's so called high standards? Even assuming that the "customers" are really just props for the show he obviously doesn't care to provide them with anything even close to good service.
    If a customer did have any conception of restaurant standards and owned any spine at all he would given Ramsey the same treatment that Ramsey gives to his staff: eg. called him a (expletive deleted) plank and told him that if he was unable to provide food to customers than he shouldn't have opened his (expletive deleted) restaurant and instead of calling it Hell's Kitchen he should have called it Hell's Waiting Room.

I'm loving this show.

Poor Dingleberry didn't even know his own mind. he should have stayed quit once he quit. (that sentence seems awkward but I can't figure out how to reword it to make it not that way.)

I liked that both Chris and the other chef whose name escapes me at the moment both stepped up and were helpful to their co-workers. Their time in the kitchen did seem to have an advantage in this 2nd episode where they maintained calm through the chaos.

I'm told Kidney stones are very painful but that Jeff just got on my nerves. Go see a dr. already.

I don't have a favorite yet. I guess in a few weeks once we see more of their personalities I might have one.

Since when have the British been known for their chefs? Name one. The UK is famous of NOT having good food. (And yes, I've been there several times.)

Sorry, but I can't get into this show. It seems the abuse (and it is abuse) is very staged and I'm sure is encouraged. Just not my cuppa.

+ Reply to Thread