+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I'd rather cook at Waffle House or somewhere than have to put up with him.
    But then you would have to put up with the likes of some grumpy old man like me.
    Sorry I missed this show tonight. Talking about hot kitchens, I've worked in many of them over the years. Back in the old days, they didn't bother to put AC in the kitchen we just suffered. One time when I was managing a pizza place we used to set buckets of ice in front of fans to make our own AC. And yes I walked to work uphill both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    And yes I walked to work uphill both ways.
    In the snow? Barefoot?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    But then you would have to put up with the likes of some grumpy old man like me.
    Sorry I missed this show tonight. Talking about hot kitchens, I've worked in many of them over the years. Back in the old days, they didn't bother to put AC in the kitchen we just suffered. One time when I was managing a pizza place we used to set buckets of ice in front of fans to make our own AC. And yes I walked to work uphill both ways.
    Well at least I think you'd have a better vocabulary.
    You can absolutely believe me when I tell you that you missed NOTHING. It was one of those deals where I was embarrassed for him, I was sorry for some of the wannabes and I just wanted it over.
    Guess the walk was even more uncomfortable when the snow was really really deep, huh? Were you armed against the wild animals?

Finally caught both episodes of Hell's Kitchen tonight.

I thought it was a joke when I heard Ramsay was worse than Simon Cowell.

Boy, was I wrong.

I sure would like to see GR come try that crap in a Southwest Atlanta restaurant kitchen!

Buddy boy wouldn't last 15 seconds!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I absolutely love this show... I can understand the guests getting impatient for their food though, and I don't see how he can be so rude to those guests but it makes for good entertainment if you ask me ...

The question is, is Jeff faking his illness and why didnt he see a doc or something instead of complaining all night... Im sure a doctor would be able to relieve his pain somewhat, at least so he'd be of more help to his team.

Anyway...love the show... Ramsay definitely blows Cowell out of the water....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I am sure that people who are hungry would love to have the food Chef R throws away because it didn't meet up to his standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    I absolutely love this show... I can understand the guests getting impatient for their food though, and I don't see how he can be so rude to those guests but it makes for good entertainment if you ask me ...

The question is, is Jeff faking his illness and why didnt he see a doc or something instead of complaining all night... Im sure a doctor would be able to relieve his pain somewhat, at least so he'd be of more help to his team.

Anyway...love the show... Ramsay definitely blows Cowell out of the water....
    I love it too! Yeah, they were impatient, but I don't really think they were there because they wanted a meal. They wanted to be on TV! Plus, why would you sit there that long? If I didn't want to wait, I would just leave. I found it SO rude that those customers just stomped into the kitchen. That first young guy was a complete jerk - you know he thought he was going to tell of Ramsay. My friends and I used to see people like the rude diners on this show all the time in L.A. - we refer to them as "Young and Tragically Hip." Who cares if you have a doctorate in music from USC? Not like it's Juilliard, dude. Plus, what's your point?

The people who ordered the pizza were obviously just trying to get camera time. Maybe I would've called for pizza too, but I never would have been rude enough to eat it in the restaurant, regardless of what I thought of the service.

I love Ramsay - I don't care if people think he's rude. He's the real deal. The youngest ever 3-star Michellin chef and owner of 10 successful restaurants - that makes him more of an expert than most. Plus, if those contestants didn't want to be there, they didn't have to sign on. Whether they like the way he treats them or not, they know that he can help them get where they want to be. Plus, we've seen already that he is not like that outside the kitchen - when they all had dinner with him he was perfectly nice and looked interested in talking to them all. Also - he did give props to some people who did things right. The previews show him doing more of that. His methods may be unorthodox, but I think he'll end up with someone good by the end. He was right about Dewberry - he didn't have the personality to lead and insprire a whole kitchen of people.

SO - who will be mouthing off to Ramsay next week? I'm putting my money on Andrew. I loved when he was talking to Scott (sous chef) and trying to bad mouth Mary Ellen and Scott just said "That's not what I saw."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When Dewberry was eliminated did anyone see how the camera panned to Andrew and he had this look of evil on this face. Garanteed he will have a pissing contest with Chef. He will lose and I will be so glad when he leaves.

H2O
    I think we got to see a more human side of Chef Ramsey last night. In two episodes I've come to respect his drive for excellence. It seems like mediocre is accepted as "good" these days.

Sure I've got some beefs with the show:
    * Folks without any experience would seem to have a terrible disadvantage

* How can they train for 1 day then open the Hell's Kitchen that night (episode 1)? That was a recipe for disaster. I don't know why anyone was surprised it didn't work at all.

* Why don't we get a bit more of the training sequence? I'd like to see it.

* How can he be so concerned about his reputation when he's letting an under trained team cook for him?

Though I wouldn't want to work under Chef Ramsey, I'd like to eat food he prepares.

Dewberry had to go. "Weebles wobble" was all I think about that timid wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I love it too! Yeah, they were impatient, but I don't really think they were there because they wanted a meal. They wanted to be on TV! Plus, why would you sit there that long? If I didn't want to wait, I would just leave. I found it SO rude that those customers just stomped into the kitchen. That first young guy was a complete jerk - you know he thought he was going to tell of Ramsay. My friends and I used to see people like the rude diners on this show all the time in L.A. - we refer to them as "Young and Tragically Hip." Who cares if you have a doctorate in music from USC? Not like it's Juilliard, dude. Plus, what's your point?

The people who ordered the pizza were obviously just trying to get camera time. Maybe I would've called for pizza too, but I never would have been rude enough to eat it in the restaurant, regardless of what I thought of the service.

I TOTALLY agree.

If you are truly "put off" by waiting for food, l e a v e. It *is* arrogant to think that by stomping up to the kitchen in a huff will get you your food quicker. Frankly, after working in a restaurant all of my childhood, I wouldn't TRUST food coming out of the kitchen after spewing my frustration all over the head chef. dumb arses.

And I happen to like the "sentence enhancers" as Spongebob would say. It's definately entertaining. HOWEVER, I would last about 30 seconds after being talked to that way, I still don't get how being humiliated makes you a better cook.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread