+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    They have to each prepare a dish that says something about who they are...

Mine would be a chocolate bar and a coke. (sad, huh?)
    Great sounding dish -- GIANT Hershey bar with almonds and a BIG coke with ICE.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Well, my guess is that the other dog lovers among us already know this, but just in case anyone's interested in the definition of dingleberry I'll give you this link: dingleberry

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking at the time.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    HK looks sooooooo set up. I can't believe there was so much excessive bleepings and that ass chef, yet i am drawn to it lol. *sighs* The contestants, at least they look like real people; so far I like the blue team.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I was so reality starved, I actually watched the show.....eeeeeeeekkkkkk

Can there be a winner?

How do any of the contestants know what they are suppose to be doing?

Did they pay the diners to sit at the tables for 2 hours????

Would a chef really treat his employees so cruely???

my last question
    How many episodes do you think will air?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Well, my guess is that the other dog lovers among us already know this, but just in case anyone's interested in the definition of dingleberry I'll give you this link: dingleberry
    Ewwwwwwwwww Pommy. That's what I thought it was.

And I don't give a crap if Ramrod is Mister ChefGod himself...he would've been picking his sorry ass up off the floorr after shoving a plateful of food at me.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thank you all for the recaps since I was watching another show while this was airing. Sigh....
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 05-31-2005 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    He made the right cut. Who wants to join me in the FORT charter fan club for the Chef?
    OOOOO! Me! Me! I lurve me some Gordon Ramsay! He may be harsh, but he is the youngest three star Michelin chef ever. That's serious stuff, especially when you consider that there are only, I think, about 20 in all of Europe (someone please correct that if I'm wrong! ). Maybe I just like forceful men - I think he's dead sexy.

Everything he said to the contestants was right on - he sent the food back to be redone for all the right reasons. I would've sent back that nasty risotto in a heartbeat. You also see that he can give a compliment when one is warranted.

Did anyone else NOT expect Dewberry to be the big pasty white guy? I was looking for a little hippie chick. He sort of reminds me of Truman Capote.... who just ate a little hippie chick.

He definitely let the right person go. I couldn't believe she was just standing there while the rest of her team was running around. Then, when Ramsay told her to help out on the stove, she acted like a bratty 15 year-old. Buh-bye.

The stuff with the bimbos had me You KNOW they thought they could just sashay on in there and get whatever they wanted.

I hope they don't pull this show because that press release (posted in this forum, I think) indicated that in a few episodes, things really start to improve as far as the quality of the food. I'll be watching the whole season. I love Ramsay - he's the real deal. Take notes, Rocco!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan
    Talk about having major Reality TV withdrawl... Surprised I haven't been found in the padded room wearing a pretty pink straight jacket... UGGGG.. and I've to wait until July for Big Brother to start.

I actually found myself laughing at times during the show. It seems to set up to be true. I can't imagine (no matter where you're from) being a well known chef... opening night of your restaurant and having your contestants working their magic. Just don't believe it.

And I'd NEVER laugh off the obnoxious comments from the chef... and then sit back down after being insulted...no matter how well know the chef and/or restaurant is...

A bit too far fetched... but I was entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    I was so reality starved, I actually watched the show.....eeeeeeeekkkkkk

Would a chef really treat his employees so cruely???
    I couldn't believe I sat through the entire cursefest. I kept thinking this has got to be a joke and he isn't really this big a jerk.

What chef running a restaurant would insult his guest like that?

I think he is showing off for his countrymen back home and trying to make a fool of Americans. I shall help this fool with lower ratings by not watching.

I really enjoyed this show tonight.

Maybe it is because I am a little homesick and hearing someone being called a plank is a breath of fresh air.

I am so in for next week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread