+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Wannabe Chefs

Meet the Wannabe Chefs

MEET THE WANNABE CHEFS WILLING TO TAKE THE HEAT WHEN "HELL'S KITCHEN" PREMIERES MONDAY, MAY 30, ON FOX

Mondays are going to be hell for the 12 terrified wannabe chefs and restaurateurs trying to impress head chef Gordon Ramsay in the unscripted series HELL'S KITCHEN premiering Monday, May 30 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The volatile Ramsay, who is England's biggest celebrity chef, has crossed the Pond to open L.A.'s newest restaurant and discover or create the country's next culinary star. HELL'S KITCHEN will follow these 12 competing chefs 24/7, capturing the fiery drama, intrigue and high emotion as the restaurant's opening night approaches. These ambitious hopefuls believe they have the drive, talent and desire to run their own restaurant, and they will be tossed into the cauldron, working under Ramsay and fighting for survival.

The participants may have varying culinary experience, but one thing they all have in common is a passion for food. Each week, Ramsay will slice and dice the contestants, keeping those who possess the right combination of ingredients to ensure success. For him, failure is not an option, and nothing and no one will stand in his way. So for the trainees, this means one thing: if they can't stand the heat, they'll have to get out of HELL'S KITCHEN.

The 12 HELL'S KITCHEN contestants are:

Andrew, 24, an office assistant from Livingston, NJ
    Carolann, 33, a server from Dallas, TX
    Christopher, 35, a freelance executive chef from Yorktown Heights, NY
    Elsie, 40, an executive assistant from Maywood, NJ
    James, 25, a purchasing supervisor from Williston Park, NY
    Jeff, 28, a finance manager from West Orange, NJ
    Dewberry, 33, a baker from Stockbridge, GA
    Wendy, 32, a marketing consultant from Millburn, NJ
    Ralph, 36, a freelance chef from Livingston, NJ
    Michael, 27, an executive chef from Fort Collins, CO
    Mary Ellen, 27, a culinary student from Belmont, MA
    Jessica, 26, an employment headhunter from Huntington, NY

HELL'S KITCHEN is produced by Granada Entertainment and A. Smith & Co. Paul Jackson, Arthur Smith and Kent Weed serve as executive producers.

I have to believe those with culinary experience will have the edge over the "executive assistant" and the "employment headhunter."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I saw Mary Ellen on a local cable news show, but she was tight lipped about the outcome.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Ramsay will slice and dice the contestants, keeping those who possess the right combination of ingredients to ensure success. For him, failure is not an option, and nothing and no one will stand in his way. So for the trainees, this means one thing: if they can't stand the heat, they'll have to get out of HELL'S KITCHEN.
    Help! Bad cliche overload!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think my head just imploded

Yeah, that's a lot of bad cliches all in one paragraph, but that's FOX, right?

Ramsay will slice and dice the contestants, keeping those who possess the right combination of ingredients to ensure success. For him, failure is not an option, and nothing and no one will stand in his way. So for the trainees, this means one thing: if they can't stand the heat, they'll have to get out of HELL'S KITCHEN.
    Get thee to a writing class!

I don't think "contestants" is quite the right word... howabout "victims"...."lambs to the slaughter"... since we're using cooking cliches!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member
    I just want to know who names their child "Dewberry"?

Hippies, of course....

A freelance chef? I knew you could do a lot of things freelance, but I had no idea you could do freelance cooking. Do you go around affluent neighborhoods knocking on doors and asking people if they'd like you to prepare a meal for them that evening?

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I hope they didnt just pick these people because they made good tv.....I am not sure how the joisey accents will play with London suburbs Scots........(admittedly rather foul mouthed at that....) ....and there is only three chefs and a baker in the bunch one of those in training...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast