+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show Synopsis

Show Synopsis

HELLíS KITCHEN is a culinary boot camp that features a group of wannabe Cordon Bleu cooks and aspiring restaurateurs running a top-class restaurant, overseen by world-renowned but terrifying Head Chef GORDON RAMSAY. Ramsay and HELLíS KITCHEN will serve helpings of terror, tears, tantrums and triumphs in this dramatic unscripted series.

A former pro-soccer-player-turned-Michelin-starred-chef, Ramsay will cross the Pond to the United Statesí hotbed of haute cuisine, Los Angeles, to open the city's newest restaurant.

Adapted from the wildly successful British short-run series of the same name, HELLíS KITCHEN will follow the competing chefs 24/7, capturing the drama, intrigue and high emotion as the restaurantís opening night approaches. These ambitious hopefuls believe they have the drive, talent and desire to run their own restaurant, and they will be tossed into the cauldron, working under Ramsay and fighting for survival.

The participants may have varying culinary experience, whether as a burger flipper, a mother of six or a barbecue wiz, but one thing they all will have in common is a passion for food. Each week Ramsay will slice and dice the contestants, keeping those who possess the right combination of ingredients to ensure success.

The contestants will believe they have what it takes to work in the adrenalin-fueled atmosphere of a busy kitchen ... but they haven't worked for the perfectionist Ramsay before. A man they may fear and respect in equal measure, he will be assessing their performance and driving them to achieve the best. For him, failure is not an option, and nothing and no one will stand in his way. So for the trainees, this means one thing Ė if they canít stand the heat theyíll have to get out of HELLíS KITCHEN.

HELLíS KITCHEN is produced by Granada Entertainment and A. Smith & Co. Paul Jackson, Arthur Smith and Kent Weed serve as executive producers.

I'll definitely be watching this one! I'm mildly addicted to Ramsay's shows on BBC America. He's a hothead, but he's almost always right. Those contestants won't know what hit them - he doesn't suffer fools. Get ready for lots of bleeping and crying!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan
    Sounds fun, hope they run the whole season of this one
    I'll be watching!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Did someone say bleeping and crying???
    Ohhh..I'm THERE! Bring it on!
    SQUEEZEON! (I know that's not how it's spelled, or even said, but that's what I think they say on Iron Chef!)

Lets just hope that he doesn't have a business partner who he doesn't 'get along with' .. or a mother that works 70 hours rolling meatballs to keep the restaurant busy.

I was wondering what I would be watching once the current shows were over.

I expect every one who has posted in the Recipe thread to check in here.

I saw a preview, and it looks deliciously addicting.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    they should have had Emril, that would have been great.
    This sounds like a good show, Emril or not, and I will be watching, Ive always thought a show of this premise would be great!

sounds like a great show, but i'm gonna be drooling for that food, mann

This sounds like what I thought "The Restaurant" was going to be. Mostly "in kitchen" stuff, with what sounds like the Simon Cowell of cooking.

I'll be watching!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'll definitely be watching this one. Food and drama are always a good combination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast