+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsay, Head Chef

I'm with you Snicker Bomb.Ramsay is abrasive,rude and mean,but for some reason I like the guy.He is refreshingly honest and says things we all secretly want to say.I think it's kind of cool that he is so in touch with his anger......reminds me of me...lol.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Did he get his third Michelin star then??

Last I heard he was still trying for the 3rd star.
    http://www.homestead.com/andyhayler/...estaurants.htm

He's had 3 michelin stars since 2001.

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe View Post
    I'm with you Snicker Bomb.Ramsay is abrasive,rude and mean,but for some reason I like the guy.He is refreshingly honest and says things we all secretly want to say.I think it's kind of cool that he is so in touch with his anger......reminds me of me...lol.
    LOL... I wonder how much of the anger and fits are for show?
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

What blows my mind is that one of the 7 left will actually become executive chef at TBones Chophouse at Red Rock with the option to invest as a partner...Are any of them worthy? There has to be some contract with Red Rock outside of the show that states expectations, etc.

The only person I see having a legitimate chance is Heather. At least she shows some form of leadership. Would G.R. really stake his reputation without some kind of clause in the contract?

Forgive me if I've missed any of the fine print. But I just can't believe that outside of Heather, any of the remaining contestants are worthy of the position.

Just my .02

Dave
    Don't you love being awaken by the smell of bacon?

Well if Ramsay doesn't have the confidence to hire them as Executive Chef, then maybe he'll do what he did last season: offer them a job with Ramsay. I think Ramsay took a survey of what he saw in his winning contestant, and thought he needed a touch more polishing before he owned his own restaurant, so Ramsay wanted Michael to work with him first. It's a good face-saving move, but I don't think he can get away with it again.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Regular

Sucka!

Back before the whole "Reality Tv" genre became an everyday part of life; we had a name for those fabulous prize "clauses": LIES!

Premium Member

Sir Ramsay

Gordon Ramsay is now Sir Gordon Ramsay, he has been knighted by the Queen.

'HELL' CHEF GORDON'S KNIGHT TO REMEMBER

By DON KAPLAN

July 8, 2006 -- SIR Lancelot may have had a sword - but Sir Gordon has a chef's knife and a temper.
    Gordon Ramsay, the British devil-chef and star of Fox's "Hell's Kitchen," has been knighted by England's Queen Elizabeth.

Ramsay, one of the world's best known gourmet chefs, is almost as well known for his foul mouth as he is for his exclusive restaurants and TV shows.

But he says that he was extremely well-mannered around the Queen. He told the BBC that he had "a nice chat" with the Queen, but "didn't rib her" about not being chosen to cook her 80th birthday meal.

Ramsay wore a black suit with a white shirt and tie for the ceremony, but ditched the tie as soon as it ended.

"I kept it on for the most important part and the shirt is a bit small, so I was holding my breath, going blue in the face," he says. "But I would never attempt addressing the Queen with no tie on."

The ceremony took place in Ramsay's native Scotland.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/...don_kaplan.htm

Right on!! I'm so happy for him. Now we need to get him and Sir Elton together for a real bitchfest. Imagining the nastiness now...
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Regular

Tighty Knighty

From above posted article: "I kept it (tie) on for the most important part and the shirt is a bit small, so I was holding my breath, going blue in the face," he says. "But I would never attempt addressing the Queen with no tie on."

What with all the money GRrrr makes from restaurants and tv deals, he can't get himself a shirt that fits him right?!!

Maybe he should have had Jean Philippe pick out his attire for him. Obviously, his maitre'd can successfully wear a suit and move gracefully at the same time!

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    From what I've been able to glean, Ramsay was not knighted; he received an OBE, which does not entitle him to put "Sir" before his name. American papers just can't get it right!
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

+ Reply to Thread