+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsay, Head Chef

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    He's a d***, but an entertaining one. Ah, what a giddy feeling of freedom it must be to be able to say f*** you to your customers - I can only dream of having that same opportunity one day.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey
    He has an entirely different disposition on Ramsey's Nightmares which I watched last night. On this show he helps restaurants in trouble. He was very compelling and you could see his skill and depth of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UICBooknerd
    All I can say is that he had better be the world's best !@#$%^& chef! When he yelled and berated those two women, there's no excuse for that! A chef may know how to cook, but a business person knows good customer service.
    Yes, didn't he say that good customer service was interchangable with the quality of the food. I don't think that those customers would be returning and they will probably tell all their friends to stay away. Do you think they were paid to make scenes and that they knew it was a reality show being taped?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35
    Yes, didn't he say that good customer service was interchangable with the quality of the food. I don't think that those customers would be returning and they will probably tell all their friends to stay away. Do you think they were paid to make scenes and that they knew it was a reality show being taped?
    Yes. I don't know about being paid but they all knew what was up and those who approached Ramsey were directed to do so. Entertainment first, competition second, is the game.

I have checked logic at the door and sit in my unattached observer position to enjoy the ride. There are many helping hands behind this one.

It is entertaining to watch people get verbally abused but it doesn't seem realistic to me.

Patrons are not allowed to approach kitchen staff in the real world. There are security and safety issues involved, even more so for the patron. Usually you cannot even bring a family member back to see the kitchen for fear that their will slip and hurt themselves (and possibly sue) or witness and divulge some secret recipe (or see health violations). These patrons are likely from Central Casting or local doctoral programs.

To me, the show would be better and more realistic if the new chefs went through a culinary boot camp of sorts for a couple of weeks. i would be embarassed to be a chef whose staff (of varying abilities) had only a few hours of training and were expected to keep a restaurant running.

Also, how can he blame the staff/contestents for the poor quality of food when he is the one who approves it to go out? A bit of a contradiction there.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I might be alone in this..but I really get a big ole crack up in regards to how he talks and acts.
    "Oh, ok. I'll get that pumpkin for you..would you like it diced or whole when I shove it up your a@@??" [not verbatim]

Even though I think those customer "complaints" are a set-up, I still find his responses hilarious!

He may even be my favorite chef out of all the popular/successful chefs.

It looked like he was smitten at the dinner.. which lil wannabe female chef was it who said, "I want to get to know him on a different level"? I wonder if he'd even entertain the idea of hooking up with one of these women. Is he married, does anyone know?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    It looked like he was smitten at the dinner.. which lil wannabe female chef was it who said, "I want to get to know him on a different level"? I wonder if he'd even entertain the idea of hooking up with one of these women. Is he married, does anyone know?
    It was Heather, I believe...and looks like her love will be unrequited, as Gordo is married with 4 kids (according to Wikipedia, which also quotes him as being "proud of never having changed a nappy".) Well, no wonder he likes the chauvinist ex-con Garrett.

He's only 39 years old... I thought he was much older.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Regular

Like A Virgin...Risotto For The Very First Time (sorry, Madonna...)

I have not ever seen Ramsay on any other show, so my opinion on him is based on my "virginal" viewing of Hell's Kitchen for the first time last night.

The only positive thing this #&*%#@ Pond-Jumping Shar Pei does for me is to forcefully shove me into my happy place where I can now, almost reverently, worship of the Human Dignity of Tim Gunn.

*and with that, I also respect those of you who find him tolerable or (I can't believe I'm going to type this out loud) "Hot".

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post

I believe that was salad-maker Virginia trying to get her meat hooks into him. She's obviously lacking common sense on many levels.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    @ Magic Mayo.
    I'm glad you're Fox's biatch for Hell's Kitchen, Magic Mayo.. I love reading your posts!
    "#&*%#@ Pond-Jumping Shar Pei" is priceless!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread