+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hell's Kitchen (Fox)

Hell's Kitchen (Fox)

Premieres May 30th on Fox
    I'll be watching.
    http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/
    HELLíS KITCHEN is a culinary boot camp that features a group of wannabe Cordon Bleu cooks and aspiring restaurateurs running a top-class restaurant, overseen by world-renowned but terrifying Head Chef GORDON RAMSAY. Ramsay and HELLíS KITCHEN will serve helpings of terror, tears, tantrums and triumphs in this dramatic unscripted series.
    Ramsay, a former pro soccer player-turned-Michelin-starred-chef, will cross the Pond to the United Statesí hotbed of haute cuisine, Los Angeles, to open the city's newest restaurant, staff it with would-be head chefs, and turn it into the city's top hot spot.

Adapted from the wildly successful British short-run series of the same name, HELLíS KITCHEN will follow the competing chefs 24/7, capturing the drama, intrigue and high emotion as the restaurantís opening night approaches. These ambitious hopefuls believe they have the drive, talent and desire to run their own restaurant, and they will be tossed into the cauldron, working under Ramsay and fighting for survival.

The participants may have varying culinary experience, whether as a burger flipper, a mother of six or a barbecue wiz, but one thing they will all have in common is a passion for food. Each week Ramsay will slice and dice the contestants, keeping those who possess the right combination of ingredients to ensure success.

The contestants will believe they have what it takes to work in the adrenalin-fueled atmosphere of a busy kitchen ... but they haven't worked for the perfectionist Ramsay before. A man they may fear and respect in equal measure, he will be assessing their performance and driving them to achieve the best. For him, failure is not an option, and nothing and no one will stand in his way. So for the trainees, this means one thing Ė if they canít stand the heat they need to get out of HELLíS KITCHEN.

HELLíS KITCHEN is produced by Granada Entertainment and A. Smith & Co. Paul Jackson, Arthur Smith and Kent Weed serve as executive producers.

Premium Member
    The preview looked like they could have called it "Psycho Chef from Hell". I might watch out of curiousity but I'm not sure if I want to.

Gordon Ramsey is well known for his ***COLOURFUL LANGUAGE*** !!

Even the British show was continually *bleeped* so don't know how this will be dealt with in the US!

Interestingly the UK show had celebs, not members of the public!

The latest series has just finished here, it featured 2 celebrity chefs ( not Gordon Ramsay )and would be chefs, not celebs learning to cook and was a relative flop in the ratings!
    Last edited by Belfastgirl; 05-05-2005 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I want one of the wannabe's to tell him that we kicked brit butt back across the pond in the 17 and 1800's and he will kick his brit butt back across now! when he gets mouthy.

Sorry, but I just hate bosses that think they have to yell and belittle people under them just to show they are in charge. I had to work with one and I flat out told him he couldn't make me quit and to knock it off. I had another one overseas and a bunch of guys got together and hired some guys to jump him. The office got wind of it and told him to stay in his hotel untill his flight back to the states was ready and go straight to the airport, they also banned him from working outside of the Denver office again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread