+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/10 Show Discussion Episode 17 **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: 7/10 Show Discussion Episode 17 **Spoilers**

Wow, I cannot believe Joy just gave up like that. She had it in her to make it to the end. What was she thinking????
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm shocked! Wasn't it apparent to Joy that when Andi (that's her name, I think) went up to talk her off the ledge....there was a reason? Ramsay truly wanted Joy to stay but he couldn't tell her that himself so he obviously sent Andi as his errand girl. Joy didn't see the forest for the trees! Her loss.... She could have won this competition.

eta:

Stan Lee was pure entertainment. His honest shock about it all and his genuine comments were fabulous.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I think that story he wanted to tell happens in the opening credits. They sure look like a Stan Lee comic book.
    Brooks, Dinahann and Hyper like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rochelle could use a dip in the Lazarus Pit. Melanie was the Human Torch. Jason is The Thing.

((Yes, I'm mixing DC and Marvel, don't worry about it))

I'm wondering if they forced Jason to be an antagonist in exchange for a second chance - he didn't get much screentime in Season 9, but he certainly didn't seem that vulgar. I noticed the same thing with Robert in Seasons 5&6, it leads me to wonder.

I hope Joy picked up the pieces and realized that Hell's Kitchen wasn't meant to be, but there will be plenty more opportunities.

I hope the next challenge is to appease an overly-cautious Secret Service: cook a meal without any kitchen items that could be used as weapons, or food that could kill someone if prepared wrong.

Keep Rochelle away from knives and all should be good. First she can't decided which knife to use to carve the meat dish, then she carves herself instead of pumpkin.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

The second Joy walked out of the kitchen and responded to him like that when he chased her...she was done and she knew it. She screwed up...you can't react to pressure like that.

Jason is probably my least favorite "character" on this show in a long time. His slack-jawed weird eye stares into the camera make him look really stupid and then he opens his mouth and removes all doubt. I also cringe every time he starts with the screaming...SHUT UP DUDE! I would have lost it had I been the pilot in that plane with him...having to listen to that screaming in the headphones. I just wish he would shut up. I like Scott...he might seem a little off at times but he also seems like he has the maturity to learn to actually run a kitchen.

As an executive chef, Scott should already know how to run a kitchen, right? I've forgotten Jason's designation because I would like to forget him. Melanie is listed as a line chef, and Rochelle as a caterer (though through her performance Ramsay told her she cooked like a line chef). So...Scott is the closest in experience to a head chef.

I do like that Ramsay told the final four that they were all equal and their next performance would decide his double cut.

I cannot believe Joy walked! She was a serious contender for the 250K win. And almost as disturbing to me ... Joy never carved a jack-o-lantern? Ever? More of Stan Lee, please. He made for a wonderful Greek chorus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12