+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 6/26 Show Discussion Episode 15 **Spoilers**

Re: 6/26 Show Discussion Episode 15 **Spoilers**

Actually, rude contestants have won before. The guy from season 1 (who openly sabotaged others by hiding things), Rock from season 3 could be nasty at times, as could Dave from season 6. Nona and Paul from seasons 8 and 9 respectively became jerks after their victories. The thing is that the rude contestants we have not seen win have not won because their rudeness makes them incapable of working well with a team, much less lead one. Season 8's Russell was the perfect example for that.

And actually, in more recent times, the winners do get to be head chefs. Far as I know, both Nona and season 10's Christine are still working in the restaurants of the season's grand prize. And Jon from last season, the guy many people wanted to see win or at least be in the finals, is now Christine's sous chef.

I'm sure if they do a good job in their year of training they probably keep them on, but from what I've read from contestants blogs etc., they don't move directly into the head chef job, but train under a head chef for a year as their prize.

They probably don't care since they get paid the $250K regardless!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12