+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion Episode 10 **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion Episode 10 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Letting Ralph prepare/cook food for other people while he has a fever is disgusting. Good thing I don't eat at any of Ramsey's restaurants, not a chance I want to take.
    Yeah I wouldn't eat there either

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Letting Ralph prepare/cook food for other people while he has a fever is disgusting. Good thing I don't eat at any of Ramsey's restaurants, not a chance I want to take.
    Unfortunately, sick people go to work every single day and germs are passed around to healthy folks. It happens in all restaurants, doctors' offices, airports, hospitals, business offices, etc. There's just no escaping it.

Quite frankly, I'm not so sure I want to know what's going on in any restaurant kitchen either by healthy OR sick chefs. Do you see how they handle your steak, fish, etc? I realize it's their way of determining doneness but, still.... Also, a true chef tastes his food along the way. Do you really think they change out the utensils they use regardless of any health code laws?
    Last edited by tinderbox; 05-24-2014 at 02:12 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

I agree with what you wrote, Tinderbox. What we see on television is not what happens in the real world.

One other point. Like everyone else, I want a reasonably clean kitchen in restaurants, but on the other side, exposure to a certain amount of germs is what strengthens our natural immunity. If we are not exposed to anything, we become less able to fight things off.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Also, a true chef tastes his food along the way. Do you really think they change out the utensils they use regardless of any health code laws?
    For my sanity, I imagine they have a thing of hot water that they dip it into in-between each taste

simoncowell, welcome to FORT!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234