+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 7/25 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/25 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jon should have won, Ja'nel should have been runner up, Mary should not have made the finale.
    maude~flanders and Cornholio like this.

I'm okay with the winner. I think she did a pretty good job most of the season. Most of them you never hear from again anyways.
    Shoepie likes this.

I was convinced Mary would win. She got much more air time in the last show. Plus she dismissed that ding dong out of her kitchen.

Not judging or being mean at all but it looked like Mary's husband has down syndrom.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post

Not judging or being mean at all but it looked like Mary's husband has down syndrom.
    He's actually a doctoral student in English literature and a computer genius. Seriously. I googled him because of online comments I'd seen. Their engagement pictures are out on the photographer's website, and he looks like there may be some Oriental family connection. They both look very nice in those pictures.
    Florimel, beerbelly and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I was convinced Mary would win. She got much more air time in the last show. Plus she dismissed that ding dong out of her kitchen.

I thought he was a downs syndrome brother. No meaness on my part either. He just happens to look like that.

here is a photo from her blog my guess is overweight Korean (since she says Korean food is her specialty)
    just1paul and Cornholio like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I'm wondering if the show paid or told Dan to act like such a turbo-Dan during the final service. He was so nice to Mary at the end, offering to make it up to her -- makes me wonder why he acted that way in the first place.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm wondering if the show paid or told Dan to act like such a turbo-Dan during the final service. He was so nice to Mary at the end, offering to make it up to her -- makes me wonder why he acted that way in the first place.
    I doubt it. While the production can edit things to look a certain way, I think to have a part in intentionally sabotaging a contestant would be bordering on illegal. Unless this is a scripted "show" and not an actual competition . . . On the episodes (running the pass) where they do try to trip up the contestants, it's part of the actual competition, and each cheftestant is given a similar challenge to catch errors.

IMO, Dan is just not a very nice person. And his promise to make it up to Mary . . . really? And what can YOU do, Dan? Mary has proven she is an accomplished chef. You have proven you are just a bunch of hot air who didn't perform well enough to make it to the finals.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I barely watched the finale once they chose Mary over Jon. Really? There was no evidence, based on the competitions and feedback on their food that Mary was a better cook than Jon. As a matter of fact, all things pointed to Jon being the one who deserved to win the whole thing. This show is so over-produced and decided on for reasons that have nothing to do with the cooking that it's getting pointless to watch.
    just1paul likes this.

FORT Newbie

I could not watch the final-not after Jon was eliminated. I will admit-He was not the best at the pass, but, it is a shame that RAMSEY did not give him credit for his ENTIRE SEASON! He was on a team that won only 1 challenge. Even when the Challenge-best dish gets a People Mag cover-and his dish WAS THE BEST-he gets passed over because, as usual, HIS TEAM, the MEN, DID NOT WIN the CHALLENGE.. We rarely saw him LOSE IT, carry on, etc. j'ANEL, yes she was a great cook, but, she could not take criticizism, and the rules changed when even SHE screwed up and should have been put up on the elimination block. I.e. -if she had a lousy service, she made the others VOTE on who was a better cook, pushed passed over the fact her team lost because of HER! (always-Susan is not as good of a cook as ME! who do you want to compete against the boys, ME or SUSAN??). or, when she had trouble over appps, (Susan Helped her), she went on and on about how SHE was overloaded with orders w/no help. She was NOT PROFESSIONAL, she THROWS everyone else under the BUS before she will utter those words -I or WE made a mistake... Maybe she is a great chef-BY HERSELF, but this does not make a LEADER, NOR A TEAM PLAYER..... and while Mary was good, sweet, her nature and yes, unfortunately, her VOICE, will give her problems LEADING...... SAD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123