+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

6/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Five Chefs Compete, Part 2 of 3" -- that's the actual name of the episode.

Prepare yourself for another cliffhanger.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 6/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This show sucks more than ever now.

The viewers of this show aren't as stupid as the contestants, so stop treating us that way.
    Florimel likes this.

I don't think I saw Nona's season.

Tonight's episode was good for only one reason - to see five chefs who were indeed all-stars, but particularly Rock (has had long term - at least relatively - success post show), Dave (I mean - he won his season with a messed up wrist), and Christina (one of the few who actually got to close if not the actual promised job at the restaurant). Nona was good her year, and the most recent winner... well I'll be fair I didn't see his season and honestly, it sounds like he was a jerk.

And boy - Rock and Dave in particular have cleaned up nicely over the years. Nona and Christina also looked lovely.

This season's group overall stinks in comparison. I don't think it was quite as close as claimed.

From what I checked, Nona still works in the very restaurant she was promised to work at by Ramsay when winning the show. Paul there did seem jerkish tonight, which is odd because he was a nice enough guy in his own season. Rock I saw not long ago in that Food Network show, Chef Wanted with Anne Burrell, and he won the episode he appeared in and got a job at a good restaurant.

I'm quite surprised people think these current guys are so terrible. I have seen every season of Hell's Kitchen, and if we don't count Susan here, we have Ja'Nel, Jon, Cyndi and Mary, who I find to be four of the strongest, most skilled cooks ever seen in this show. One would think they'd be competing in Top Chef, not in Hell's Kitchen. Then again, Top Chef has been terrible for several seasons now, so...
    Kip, spockwhat and Duckyface like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agree Rembrant. Usually, there are one or two decent cooks and the rest are a total mess. Susan, on another season, would have made top two. I think Hell's Kitchen is actually cleaning up it's act a little by having 4 really good cooks and one that is decent in the top five. I would like to see the show continue on this path and have at least half great cooks and the other half there for entertainment value, rather than the majority of the cast being there for entertainment like they've done in the past.

I was happy to see two of my favourite past Hell's Kitchen winners return: Christina and Dave. Why exactly was Christina avoiding Dave? He's cleaned up nicely.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Um, Christina has a "partner" . . . Dave isn't her type.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I don't think I saw Nona's season.
    She's lost a huge amount of weight and looks like a completely different person than she did when she won. I saw her season and didn't recognize her at all when CR introduced her this time.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Um, Christina has a "partner" . . . Dave isn't her type.
    Oh, I didn't know that, obviously.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Wow, I thought Dave looked like a wreck...the bags under his eyes were like water balloons and he acted spacey. Nona is thinner, yeah, but she was jittery and...well, don't want to throw accusations around.

I really hate when there's no elimination. It's dissatisfying. Obviously there will only be one winner, it's pointless to drag it out even if there's two boots next week.
    Cornholio likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast