+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 5/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I always feel like Jon should get thrown a bone and participate on the rewards. He had the best dish overall last week and missed out on the photo shoot and this week he didn't get the shopping spree.

I am also on team Ja'nel and Jon for the finale.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When Ramsay said they were going shopping, we thought at he said it was a kitchen store and were cracking up at Nedra wanting to buy a new bra. Never heard of the store where they actually went, but had to take back our laughing about Nedra's bra. Fortunately, she now has plenty of time to go bra shopping. Hope she finds a matching gag. I am SO glad she's gone.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When Ramsay said they were going shopping, we thought at he said it was a kitchen store and were cracking up at Nedra wanting to buy a new bra. Never heard of the store where they actually went, but had to take back our laughing about Nedra's bra. Fortunately, she now has plenty of time to go bra shopping. Hope she finds a matching gag. I am SO glad she's gone.
    I thought Ramsay said "kitchen store" too. I tried to catch the name of the store as they left, but couldn't make it out.

The store was Kitson. And I too thought he said kitchen store, LOL. (They did each?? get a fine set of pots before heading to the store.) Told hubby the best move they could make was to purchase the best knife set available and to spend any money leftover on an equally professional approach. I recall years ago Ramsey accompanying a woman who won a kitchen store reward and she picked out the stupidest stuff, didn't even ask his advice about any of it. Enough reason to not hire her as far as I was concerned.

Nedra really outdid herself this episode. How about the slo-mo scene of her in the kitchen.

I didn't get to see the whole episode, as I was out doing some errands. Considering the teams were 4 each, I'm amazed we didn't get the palate test challenge, it's been long overdue and I'll be shocked if they don't do it this season.

But man, Zach has gotten to be an even bigger jerk than Dan. He's really overstayed his welcome, considering he's easily the worst cook in the blue team and three of the red team are superior to him too, not to mention we've seen how willing he is to sabotage other people in the kitchen just for the sadistic glee of seeing them in trouble. Susan has also overstayed her welcome, this is not the first time she refuses to communicate with a team member in the kitchen and then blames them when the order comes out wrong, saying that the team member should "know what to do". If Zach and Susan leave next, we'll have just about the best Top 5 this show has ever had.

Jon has not been as consistent as some may think, he has screwed up before and even gotten kicked out of the kitchen individually instead of as a group. I'd say Jon, Ja'Nel and Cyndi are all in the same boat, being excellent cooks with relatively few mistakes. Anthony's also really good, as is Mary, who has shown before that she truly knows how to lead in the kitchen. They would indeed be the ideal Top 5, but I'd be very happy with Ja'Nel, Cyndi and Mary as the Top 3. I like them all, and unlike Jon, neither of them smokes. Hell, nobody in the red team this season was a smoker, that was one of the nicest things I've seen in this show.

It's very telling when you see the dinner service and both teams being kicked out for their "worst service ever" when the mistakes seen pale in comparison with mistakes made in previous seasons during dinner services that actually did get completed eventually. Most of the competitors left (everybody except Susan and Zach) are so genuinely competent that Chef Ramsay's overblowing their mistakes to make them seem far worse than they really are for more drama.
    Kip likes this.

So, Nedra's sorry ass is FINALLY gone, huh?

GOOD!

I stopped watching after the second (?) time she was up for being booted and didn't go anywhere.

There's only so much BS I can stand, and Nedra'd hit my level at that point.

Maybe I'll catch what's left of the show and make a few comments, but right now, I dunno.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Nedra should have won and the fact she didn't is a joke! Makes this show a bigger joke than it already is! Nedra was only eliminated to keep the show exciting because she was by the far the obvious winner. If any contestant ever matched Chef Ramsay's skills, it was HER!

In all seriousness, I've finally gotten around to watching this season. I've seen posts early on saying this group was even more unstable than the group from last year. So far, I actually disagree. I think this group compared to last year's is more tolerable so far.

I'm currently on the fifth episode, and out of the eventual F7, Zach and Susan are the only ones I dislike.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

We should create a list of Gordon Ramsay's catchphrases, because there are a lot.

"Donkey!"

"It's raw!"

"Look, it's pink in the middle!"

"F*** off!"

"Hey! F*** yourselves!"

"Get out!"

"You, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you. Get out!"

"Come here you! All of you!"

"WHERE'S THE (ingredient/protein needed)?!"

"Oh f*** me."

"What is that?! Look!"

"You're f****ng history!"

And probably a few more that are frequently used.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    We should create a list of Gordon Ramsay's catchphrases, because there are a lot.

"Donkey!"

"It's raw!"

"Look, it's pink in the middle!"

"F*** off!"

"Hey! F*** yourselves!"

"Get out!"

"You, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you. Get out!"

"Come here you! All of you!"

"WHERE'S THE (ingredient/protein needed)?!"

"Oh f*** me."

"What is that?! Look!"

"You're f****ng history!"

And probably a few more that are frequently used.
    "Bloody Hell"
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    "Bloody Hell"
    I say that . the others that JK posted, not so much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast