+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 4/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't like the "cliffhangers" they're using to get us to tune in next week. It shows desperation on the part of the producers etc.

If the show is interesting enough in its own right we'll watch. They obviously don't think their own show is very interesting.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I don't like the "cliffhangers" they're using to get us to tune in next week. It shows desperation on the part of the producers etc.

If the show is interesting enough in its own right we'll watch. They obviously don't think their own show is very interesting.
    I agree. It makes an annoying end to the show, and by the next week I've forgotten about the show. Especially at this point in the season, I don't care whether lousy cook A, B, C or D is sent home this week - I know they'll all be sent home eventually.
    marauder likes this.

I think given that he said he's doing something he's never done before, I'm hoping it's the following (in preferential order):

1. All four are eliminated.

2. All four are required to cook another Wellington/whatnot in the time that they should be doing it and those who screw it up are eliminated.

3. One of them just get into Gordon Ramsey's face, yell at him or dare try to throw a punch and gets ejected for that reason. Then rail on the other three saying how lucky they are to survive because of the idiot who tried to punch him and send them back.

OK No. 3 is mostly unfeasible, but I'd prefer that over what I think they'll be idiotic and do...

4. Shuffle the men to the women's team and the women to the men's team.

1. All four are eliminated.
    That works for me.

If he wants to do something he's never done before, how about pick a cast where they can all cook? I like to see real chefs go head to head, I'm not into all this stupidity and drama.
    Hyper and AZChristian like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That works for me.

If he wants to do something he's never done before, how about pick a cast where they can all cook? I like to see real chefs go head to head, I'm not into all this stupidity and drama.
    Sadly I have read around that he is not getting to have total say in who gets cast, and whomever is helping with it is choosing more for attitude than skills.

I say fine - choose attitudes that need a drill sergeant like Ramsey to knock some sense into them... but have them be able to COOK right.

Because there are some who can be head to head with the drama but still back up what they say (say Marcel versus the fellow who won his season of "Top Chef" - major drama there, but at least both could cook).
    waywyrd likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Jeremy.
    I was so glad to see him go!! And he was going to pull his team through...argh!! Too funny!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

I really hope at least one of them gets eliminated, otherwise it's like he's rewarding them all for their bad service. Hope it's Dan.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

How's Ron? Roy? Whatever his name is? The old guy? I've only seen the early parts of episode 1 so far, so I'm wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    How's Ron? Roy? Whatever his name is? The old guy? I've only seen the early parts of episode 1 so far, so I'm wondering.
    Pretty scatterbrained, which is a shame because he looked like he could defy the old people stereotype for a while.

I don't think they can get talent from someone like "Marcel". No true artist can do these silly chalenges that have nothing to do with actual cooking. I think Ramsey is looking for someone malleable so he can continue with his franchise. Not a creative but someone who can execute.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast