+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 3/12 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

3/12 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm casting around to think of one positive comment. The initial tasting in front of an audience - like this show needs a laugh track. That enormous woman who spit out the food - must have been the first time she did that. Obnoxious. The prize was a Celine Dion concert? I'll take the school bus. Oh, and I hate $&?!&! puppets. But my husband inexplicably loves any show Gordon Ramsey is in, so I guess we're watching anyway. How can this show be so awful when Masterchef is so watchable?
    cablejockey and Hyper like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: 3/12 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I'm casting around to think of one positive comment. The initial tasting in front of an audience - like this show needs a laugh track. That enormous woman who spit out the food - must have been the first time she did that. Obnoxious. The prize was a Celine Dion concert? I'll take the school bus. Oh, and I hate $&?!&! puppets. But my husband inexplicably loves any show Gordon Ramsey is in, so I guess we're watching anyway. How can this show be so awful when Masterchef is so watchable?
    Because they cast appropriately for each show. That said, given only one or two winners has had long term success as a chef working at a higher end restaurant and only ONE I know of who opened his own restaurant (Rock), it shouldn't surprise me. I mean - there are days the contestants in "Worst Cooks" are better.

FORT Fan

I'm sure everyone noticed how careful Celine Dion was not to touch anyone except when shaking hands. During the photo shoot she looked even skinnier if that was possible as she shrank from any body contact whatsoever.
    I can't say I blame her.

I watch this show regularly and every single time I keep wishing that it would be about the food and cooking just s little bit and not so much about crazies and how loudly Graham can shout "Get out!"

That said, I don't know who brings the crazy more, the Puppet Lady or the Doughboy with those nasty squinty eyes.
    Duckyface likes this.

I see this show has not changed. Ramsey keeps a "supposed" chef for the drama involved. Honestly, I like Gordon, love his other shows, but this one is and has been jumping the shark.

Ive been watching this show from the beginning. This first episode REALLY makes me think its Jumped the Shark.
    It so phony. How can they pretend it has anything to do at all with cooking with legitimate chefs.
    This group of clowns are pathetic. From the puppet lady, to the fat dimwit guy whos "gonna show them!", to the loud delusional always swearing lady...

Also, what was that crap about with JP entrance? That was uncomfortably staged him sneaking in behind Gordon only to trip? What a cartoon this show has become. It always was to a lesser degree, but, this season is pathetic. Shame on you Ramsey
    Hyper likes this.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm struggling with this one. I have always thought that they made a point of casting almost all chefs who were obviously terrible and just a couple semi-decent ones so someone could made it to the end. It's all about ratings, and drama and general stupidity get those ratings.

But this season, one of the chefs is the brother of a friend of mine, and I know he is a very good chef, with a respectable job as an executive chef for a county club. But he screwed up and was kicked out of the kitchen with the rest of the men, except Zach.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't watch anymore this season. I'm confused.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    I'm struggling with this one. I have always thought that they made a point of casting almost all chefs who were obviously terrible and just a couple semi-decent ones so someone could made it to the end. It's all about ratings, and drama and general stupidity get those ratings.

But this season, one of the chefs is the brother of a friend of mine, and I know he is a very good chef, with a respectable job as an executive chef for a county club. But he screwed up and was kicked out of the kitchen with the rest of the men, except Zach.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't watch anymore this season. I'm confused.
    If you're saying that the cooking screwups on elimination night might be production set ups that is something I've wondered about a lot. From what we see of the screwups it's hard to believe these people could hold down a cooking job in RL for more than a few days.

I'm not a very good cook but even I would not hand Graham a plate with raw lamb on it or cold food that was supposed to be hot.

More reasons why I like Master Chef a lot more than this mess.
    (but that doesn't stop me from watching HK does it? )

One of those chefs has never worked the brigade system, what a dumkopf. Even if it is as rare as she says, am I to believe that she hasn't even watched an episode of the show to know what to expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    One of those chefs has never worked the brigade system, what a dumkopf. Even if it is as rare as she says, am I to believe that she hasn't even watched an episode of the show to know what to expect?
    See, THAT'S what gets me about this show.

It's been on for HOW long, now? At LEAST eight/nine seasons?

And they're STILL rollin' up in Gordo's camp not havin' a CLUE about ANYTHING that's going on, or that MIGHT go on?

Please.

SMH.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

And she was supposed to be an Executive Chef? If someone can provide me with a serious answer, I'd be grateful: What's the alternative to the "brigade" style they use in HK? How else do you get everything done in a large restaurant?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast