+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: HK Season 11 - News & Speculation

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Season 11

Jean-Phillippe

The ones we see little of for the first half of the season are generally the ones who make it to the final three.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I watch this show every season so I feel like an idiot when I have to ask "Who is JP"? I am totally blanking on these initials.
    Jean-Philippe, Maitre D' in Hell's Kitchen. His replacement James had the presence of a block of wood, so his return will be welcome.

(March 19) Ja'Nel is listed as an "executive chef," yet she's never broken down a lobster, nor did she know that there's meat in the legs?
    Of what is she an executive chef? Waffle House? Shoney's? Denny's? McDonald's?
    What a joke...
    libgirl2 and beerbelly like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Re: HK Season 11 - News & Speculation

Well that lasted long...TMZ reporting that Ja'Nel won't be taking the position at the Vegas restaurant after testing positive for cocaine...sigh.

At first they reported that Ja'Nel had tweeted that she she won't be accepting the head chef job "for personal reasons", but then broke this story later in the day:

'Hell's Kitchen' Winner FAILED DRUG TEST (Exclusive)

8/23/2013 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Hell's Kitchen" champ Ja'Nel Witt tested positive for cocaine ... and that's why she wasn't allowed to accept the head-chef position at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Vegas ... TMZ has learned.

Talk about blowing a huge opportunity ...

Sources extremely familiar with the situation tell us ... Caesars Palace required Witt to submit to a drug test in order to take the job as head chef at the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, the position she earned after winning Season 11 of "Hell's Kitchen" earlier this year.

FYI -- Caesars has a notoriously strict drug policy ... and requires all employees to submit to drug testing.

But Witt bombed her test -- one source tells us she "failed miserably" -- and when Caesars found out ... they quickly kicked her ass to the curb.

But there is a silver lining for Witt -- we're told she WILL receive the $250k salary ... despite the fact she won't spend a single day in the kitchen.

Fun Fact -- $250,000 can buy roughly 10 kilos of cocaine ... depending on the quality.

Attempts to reach Ja'Nel were not successful.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Why am I not surprised. HK has had some contestants that I find questionable on their cooking talents and backgrounds.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Too bad.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

It doesn't seem right that Ja'Nel gets to keep the full $250K prize money for which she was supposed to have worked a year as Head Chef. It seems to me the actual head chef salary ($75K or whatever it is for that position) ought to be deducted from her winnings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12