+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 9/4 Finale (Part 1) Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/4 Finale (Part 1) Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gorgonzola mashed potatoes Now I'm starving.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/4 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    This was a Penn & Teller show. Did the audience realize it was turning into the Ramsay challenge from hell?
    I am sure they did. Probaby the cheapest ticket available in Las Vegas!
    wannasee likes this.

FORT Fogey

I sense that Ramsey prefers Christina and she will be the winner. They both have the cooking skill but Christina is older and has a solid relationship; employers look for stability.

I did not feel sorry for Clemenza. I knew he would be a reluctant worker even if picked first. He has very little energy at that weight for starters. That said, I would have chosen him above Robin.

The preview made a good point. Christina chose her friends; they had an established chemistry which included animosity. I was stunned at her menu! Risotto? Really? Why choose something they have been making let alone a touchy dish? Veal chops can be very dry when not cooked properly, another bad choice. It almost seemed like production had a hand in that menu.

I really want Christina to win this thing BUT I'm concerned about her menu. Why did she choose so many items they've been serving all season during the show?

I also don't understand why the finalists have to put up with a bunch of idiot rejected cast members as their assistants during the final challange? Wouldn't it make more sense for Gordon Ramsey to see how the the final two operate with an actual full fledged group of chefs as their team? He's already seen (for weeks) how they interact with their counterparts.
    Shoepie likes this.

It would make more sense to have the final two operate with a group of 'real' chefs for their final dinner service, but it wouldn't add any drama. I agree, I want Christina to take this, but her menu has me really spooked. If she wants to put out this kind of menu she has to do it flawlessly...and I don't know if she has the team that can pull that off! I was really happy to see her pick Patrick though, that boy can cook when he has his head in the right place! I think Dana is the loose cannon that can screw things up for her if she doesn't keep her in check.

Clemenza keeps talking about how great a chef he is. The man can cook, no doubt, but he cannot deal with pressure and he has no sense of urgency about him. I can turn out a pretty terrific dinner myself on a Sunday while drinking a glass of Merlot and listening to music... but there is no way in hell I could work the line in a restaurant. Just because you can cook doesn't make you a chef!
    Shoepie and Photobabe like this.

I'm glad they aren't wasting time anymore having the final two design their own restaurants. If Christina's menu is so bad, why did the sous chef let her do it? And why didn't Christina and Justin have copies of their menus to hand out to their assistants? I'm thinking the main purpose of the Vegas jaunt was just to keep everyone up late.

I thought that Clemenza and Robin were not picked because altho both are fine cooks, their freakin' personality gets in the way and is annoying...things you don't need when competing in the finale.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12