+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 8/13 show discussion *spoilers*

8/13 show discussion *spoilers*

I will admit that I didn't realize this was on until close to the end so I will give you a short rundown:

Didn't see the individual challenge winner, but it was the try to recreate Ramsey's top dish by taste alone.

Service was against runners-up from past seasons. Didn't hear who won that but it sounds like it leaned toward the old school.

Robyn and Clemenza were nominated for elimination and:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Clemenza got the fake out and Robyn was FINALLY eliminated.

Acted like a poor sport too - so much show that haters of McKayla Maroney's podium photo and saying that is poor attitude need to watch this to see what true poor sport is.

Re: 8/13 show discussion *spoilers*

Thanks jadewarlock. I only caught the first few minutes (still recap from 3 weeks ago) but hubby filled me in on who was bounced. That's a funny spoiler.

FORT Regular

The pairs challenge was recreating a veal dish. Dana and Clemenza won; they were the only pair to choose correctly madeira over port and one other ingredient.

I wasn't surprised Robyn left. Ramsey told her to keep going; he was surprisingly gentle with her, relatively speaking. Next week's preview looked interesting. It looked like Barbie was trying to create an alliance, and it seemed like someone got kicked out during service. It was probably a fake-out...

I could see Justin and Dana being the finalists. I am so tired of her shouting in the confessionals! Hopefully it could be Christina instead of Dana. I don't see Barbie and Clemenza making it, though Clemenza seemed motivated.

I don't like Robyn but didn't see her being a poor sport upon elimination. She said "I respect you" to Ramsey, then I didn't see what she did to the other cooks. Maybe I missed it. Maroney was a poor sport, and it's kinda embarrassing that a bratty display is now some fun, cool meme.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

And when Dana and Clemenza won, they got to go to a private beach for a picnic. It looked like Clemenza almost had a heart attack at the sight of Dana in a bikini. I'm pretty sure that the sight of Clemenza in a bathing suit would have given us ALL a heart attack.

I loved that when James saw Justin avoiding the tablecloth ironing (because he felt that it was beneath him), he gave Justin a couple of Ramsay's and James' shirts for Justin to iron. Poetic justice.

JulieF, they didn't actually show "what she did to the other cooks" as Robyn left. However, I don't recall them ever showing a split-second shot of one of the eliminated chefs half-turned to the rest of the group at the door. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some non-verbal, middle-finger communication involved. Robyn had LOTS of practice with that during the season, and probably had more proficiency with that than she ever did cooking.

I won't miss her.
    Kip, wannasee, Babbred and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
    I don't like Robyn but didn't see her being a poor sport upon elimination. She said "I respect you" to Ramsey, then I didn't see what she did to the other cooks. Maybe I missed it. Maroney was a poor sport, and it's kinda embarrassing that a bratty display is now some fun, cool meme.
    It's fun and cool because Maroney actually admits she was mad at herself but the expression looks bad. When you know you make a mistake and don't take yourself that seriously when outed for it, that works well.

I have a feeling Clemenza will be out sooner than later.

Thanks for starting the thread, jadewarlock. I totally forgot this was on.

I'll have to go back and watch just to see Robyn eliminated. Finally!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm so glad Robyn is gone! By the end, she annoyed me more than Barbie's facial expressions.
    LeftofCentre likes this.

Is Dana capable of saying anything without shouting? She's annoying; I wouldn't mind it if she got the boot.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Dana's confessional cam statements are incredibly annoying. She souns very stilted, like she's reading from cue cards.

I see Christina winning it all. She's been flying under the radar. I'm also liking Barbie now. Her confessionals are the most entertaining.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

It was about time for Robin to leave! Clemenza should be next, as far as I'm concerned. He can't even cook scallops? After all this time? They should be scallop cooking experts by now. I would like to see a final of Christina and Justin.
    LeftofCentre likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast