+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 7/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Or the way she yells. Shut up, Dana.
    I didn't notice until this episode, but yes, the yelling in her confessionals is getting really annoying.

FORT Regular

Dana always yells. I can't stand it. If she wins, I will be very disappointed. At this point, I feel that it will be between Justin and Christina.

Robyn is such a little baby. She reminds me of a spoiled little kid when she whines and takes no accountability for anything. When she kept saying "you set me up for failure," it was so ridiculous, then she lied about how they all told her to put spinach in the oven. Ramsey has to be stringing her along for an easy eviction later on. Brian was a weirdo, but I still thought Robyn should go.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
    I don't see how Robyn keeps getting saved?
    Becuz she, like the others, insist that "they are NOT ready to go home!!!"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    ...who the heck orders spaghetti as an appetizer...prior to eating a beef Wellington?
    Ha. I thought the same thing, AND the order was big.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I love it when Ramsay asks, "Why should you stay in Hell's Kitchen?"

Often, the response is something like, "Because I'm passionate about food, and I always give 100%."

If 100% represents their total ability and they are SO BAD that they're up for elimination, wouldn't that indicate that they can't do any better, therefore justifying their elimination?
    waywyrd and march like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I'm actually starting to get the sense of why the other women don't like Barbie. I find her personality to be a little "off", for lack of a better word, and she is definitely not a team player. That's okay if you are playing solo, but I don't think that is the sort of person who should be running, well, a team. That's not someone I want to work for, anyway.
    I think the reason they hate her is because, from what we see, she just can't be bothered to hang out and interact with the other women, except when they celebrate after a victory. She takes the "not here to make friends" thing and really runs with it. She's pretty much admitted that she's not there to be buddies, she's there for a job, so she does what is required of her and that's that. When it comes to challenges and dinner services, she is definitely a team player and gets things done, anything else outside of that is irrelevant.

I think overall it's about the fact that, when you go apply for a job and hopefully get hired, you don't get to choose who you work with and chances are high that you will not like one or more of your co-workers, but you need to get over that hurdle and show that you can get the job done. To me, Barbie is the only chef here who is doing that. I really admire that about her, and honestly, after watching that trashy red team through all these weeks, I can totally understand why Barbie wouldn't want to be friendly with any of them. The only tolerable ones I saw on that team were Barbie herself and Roshni.
    Lil Bit, CookieJ and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    And for more random questions I have never thought to ask on here...who the heck orders spaghetti as an appetizer...prior to eating a beef Wellington? :scratching head Sigh, this is going to keep me up tonight.
    Lol, I can field this one...the Italian side of my family have pasta as an appie (antipasto). They have a bunch of courses and sit at the table for hours. Probably because it is impossible to move after consuming so much food (or too drunk to stand because they sure as hell can drink, too). From what I've experienced, Greeks have a similar style. Not a style of eating I'd want for everyday. My reflux acts up just thinking about it.
    wannasee likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

As far as Barbie - I can totally understand wanting to not be part of a "group of friends" in this. She is here for a competition first and foremost and has had to deal with a lot of people saying she can't hack it.

I actually find her honesty refreshing - she can be seen as ornery but to me better ornery and such than the double face we see most of this cast do (including the guys).

I do think Robyn probably will be out soon unless she can pull off a miracle. She's already stretching the one she has thin enough escaping these few times.

I think it's funny when contestants like Kimmie, Tiffany and Robyn, with their very girly names, try so hard to act so blatenly tough like a guy and end up crying just like a girl.
    I think women are just hard wired to cry more often then men but some of these "girls" like to think they're not typical girly types and yet fall right into the female actions.
    At least this season, we didn't have some of those really manly/creepy girls who try using feminine wiles. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Lol, I can field this one...the Italian side of my family have pasta as an appie (antipasto). They have a bunch of courses and sit at the table for hours. Probably because it is impossible to move after consuming so much food (or too drunk to stand because they sure as hell can drink, too). From what I've experienced, Greeks have a similar style. Not a style of eating I'd want for everyday. My reflux acts up just thinking about it.
    Ha, thanks, I guess I've never had a meal like that, although I am a big believer that if I pace myself properly, I could do it one day!

The comments about Dana...I also think it's weird how she kinda yells her confessionals. But honestly, she makes me laugh. Something about the way she does it and her face reminds me of a pitbull...they always look like they are grinning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast