+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden
    It is totally, completely ridiculous that the last of the women standing is Elise, who totally alienates everyone.
    It's such a complete and utter insult to every woman who had to work with her and suffer her throughout the process. Sure, it's all about ratings, and Ramsey is in on it as much as all the other producers, but to go that low and insult Jennifer (the best cook in the women's kitchen by far) was going too far. He owes her a major apology.

And to rub salt in the wound... they show all of Jennifer's achievements at Hell's Kitchen in their little tribute and it just underscored how much better she has been than Elise. Such a slap in the face of the other contestants. I've no doubt that Paul and Will were TOLD to support Elise, probably with a final two promise... Poor Tommy is just oblivious. But I've really no doubt at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    She's being kept because she's more "dramatic" and/or because Ramsey can't imagine anyone running a kitchen without treating people like dirt, because that's the way he behaves. The difference is that Ramsey occasionally does give credit to someone for doing a good job--for Elise, everything is about her and if there's a mistake or tension, someone else must be responsible for it.
    Also if you watch Ramsey's British shows, he is a lot nicer to everyone. He really pumps up the nastiness for HK and KN (US version). He also shows a great respect for people who can cook and do good work without complaining and whining.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My favorite part of the whole mess was at the very end when the nasty one (She Who Will Not Be Named) was clapping and said, "Keep your head up, Jennifer."

Jennifer's response? She flipped her the bird. I'm not a crude person, but that was totally understandable and appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My favorite part of the whole mess was at the very end when the nasty one (She Who Will Not Be Named) was clapping and said, "Keep your head up, Jennifer."

Jennifer's response? She flipped her the bird. I'm not a crude person, but that was totally understandable and appropriate.
    I thought that was abysmal. You go and throw someone under the bus, knowing damn well you are the WORST cook left (yes, I think Tommy is better even if not saying much - he has at least DONE well on both his indie challenges) and have the gall to say "keep your head up."

Except I think production forced her to just head out, I wouldn't have been upset one bit if Jennifer came back and did a face to face with Elise and yelled her out. Or even better, turned to Ramsay, told him exactly what Elise has failed at, told him about the obvious bribery Elise did to Will (though we do not know if he'd said Elise - and wasn't asked, which irritated me, as this clearly showed Ramsay was going to eliminate Jen) and Paul, and then walked out. Had she stood up a bit more in this elimination hearing I think she'd gotten Elise kicked out.

I am hoping that when we see the final two named it's Will and Paul. Out of those, Will is the only one with a chance to be a chef at BLT. He's the only level headed one left really - only getting angry when warranted.

If by some miracle Elise gets in to the final 2 with Will, I want it to be where she ends up with one of the people she treated poorly and have to deal with their antics, which I personally think Ramsay may allow to a point.
    AZChristian likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I thought that was abysmal. You go and throw someone under the bus, knowing damn well you are the WORST cook left (yes, I think Tommy is better even if not saying much - he has at least DONE well on both his indie challenges) and have the gall to say "keep your head up."
    Jade - just wanted to be sure you understood (looking back at my post, my meaning may not be clear). What was "my favorite part" was Jennifer's reaction - not the comment of "You-Know-Who." I fully agree that she is the WORST cook left, not to mention the WORST example of human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Jade - just wanted to be sure you understood (looking back at my post, my meaning may not be clear). What was "my favorite part" was Jennifer's reaction - not the comment of "You-Know-Who." I fully agree that she is the WORST cook left, not to mention the WORST example of human behavior.
    No, I know... I find Voldemort (well you did say "She who will not be named" ) appalling, and knew you were referring to Jen's epic bird throwing here.

People gave such hell for some of the former contestants, but even they had inklings of knowing when they messed up and were contrite. Here that is not the case - she could honestly IMHO set the kitchen on fire (and I don't mean the frying pan) have the gasoline, matches and the like in her hand and smell of kerosene, and she'd say that someone else did it.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

I wonder what would happen if Elise made it to the final two, the eliminated chefs came back as the kitchen crews, and all those on Elise's crew simply sat their on their hands during dinner service. It's not like it would be worth their while to work hard for her, because she'd take all the credit if service went well and they'd take all the blame if it didn't. Ramsey could scream and throw a fit, but he'd have nothing left that he could do to them. In fact, if I were one of them and he or Elise started in on me, I'd just walk right out the door. Imagine if Elise's whole crew did that in unison. That would be karma alright.
    AZChristian likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Elise made it to the final two, the eliminated chefs came back as the kitchen crews, and all those on Elise's crew simply sat their on their hands during dinner service. It's not like it would be worth their while to work hard for her, because she'd take all the credit if service went well and they'd take all the blame if it didn't. Ramsey could scream and throw a fit, but he'd have nothing left that he could do to them. In fact, if I were one of them and he or Elise started in on me, I'd just walk right out the door. Imagine if Elise's whole crew did that in unison. That would be karma alright.
    Oh, how I would love to see that.

I've decided I'm not going to bother watching HK next season. Mediocre cooks. It's the same thing over and over.

I really like this show. Even with all the antics! Especially with all the antics. It's entertaining TV. I love to hate Elise. I do not for one minute think she can run a kitchen, obviously. Wow is she a polarizing, abrasive person. My daughter said it best tonight when she said that Elise's personality had to be scripted and over-the-top because NOBODY can survive life with that kind of attitude. I am choosing not to believe that she acts that way off of TV. No way. BUT... I think that she was tied with Jennifer in cooking ability throughout the season. Elise had some good services, some good challenges, just like Jennifer. So if I look at in on the whole, I would get rid of Elise because of her personality. But if I was a producer on the show, I'd KEEP Elise because of her personality. There is no way she'll make the final two because whoever (Will) she's up against will be the sure winner. Tommy is fun to watch too because he's such a goofy nutcase. I think it's between Paul and Will, and Will will be the winner.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I've decided I'm not going to bother watching HK next season. Mediocre cooks. It's the same thing over and over.
    I'm with you on that. It pains me to skip it because I like Gordon Ramsey and if this show was legitimate, I'd be thrilled to watch it. However, it's obvious they're playing up the drama and scripting the events. I like my reality shows to be more REAL than that.

Masterchef was at least a little better than the farce Hell's Kitchen has turned into. I'll still watch Kitchen Nightmares if it continues, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast