+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread

Re: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread

me too! after watching tonight, I am totally convinced that this is all scripted. period.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Can you tell me what happened? I could not watch it because my family hogged both our televisions to watch Miss Universe and some other show and I got left out. Please tell me Jennifer did not get kicked out over keeping Elise...

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Can you tell me what happened? I could not watch it because my family hogged both our televisions to watch Miss Universe and some other show and I got left out. Please tell me Jennifer did not get kicked out over keeping Elise...
    Yup. Elise "played" Paul and Will...told them to keep her and she'd back them later on.

But can someone tell me why NO ONE jumped on Elise's comment about how badly Jennifer did in the challenge??? Jennifer came in 2nd! It was Elise who came in last.

If Elise ends up winning, it will serve him right. He should have sent her home tonight. (Or last week. Or the week before that...)

Honestly I think Ramsay is just like "I don't give a (bleep) anymore who wins and want to get Jennifer out while she is still a good and creative cook."

I think Ramsay is smart enough to know the TRUTH about what's really going on and is so disgusted about Will and Paul lying to his face about who is better overall - Jennifer, though barely after the night's service - that he felt it was better to get her out of there and call the others out later.

I mean - ELISE didn't even cook the salmon properly, this VERY EXPENSIVE salmon that in other jobs would get you fired. Honestly.... cost comparison Jennifer lost the restaurant LESS with bad risotto/lobster spaghetti over Elise's butchering of the salmon. If Jennifer had caught that she'd been able to use that in her defense and Ramsay would probably given Elise the Boot.

Personally, the way I think that Tommy would be the best winner right now. Will and Paul were stupid to keep Elise, knowing she'd throw all of them under the bus.

I think Ramsey's only reason for keeping Elise is for the drama. He has already decided it will be between Will or Paul so why not keep Elise instead of Jennifer to stir things up and make the show more dramatic.....so po'd (sorry but that is only appropriate description) that Elise has stayed all these many weeks when she should have gone long long ago

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    I think Ramsey's only reason for keeping Elise is for the drama. He has already decided it will be between Will or Paul so why not keep Elise instead of Jennifer to stir things up and make the show more dramatic.....so po'd (sorry but that is only appropriate description) that Elise has stayed all these many weeks when she should have gone long long ago
    SOOOO agree with you about the drama factor. Thank goodness next week is the finale, correct? We started watching only a couple of weeks ago, so don't have much time invested. But, Elise is there to keep us coming back, because the guys have no draw individually. (Well, except for Paul, who is from Davie, which is just a couple of miles from where I live, so, we have a location connection if nothing else. I wonder where he cooks locally? Oh wait, he relocated to the northeast somewhere, right?)

I just cant take this show anymore and I don't even care to watch the finale (unless someone punches Elise in the face). Maybe some people find her entertaining but I don't and I have plenty of other channels to pick from. I guess I am rooting for Will..or Paul
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Tommy might be an odd one, but he was the only one who stuck up for Jennifer. Elise is around for dramatic effect. No one would work for her.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I agree that Elise is just around for TV viewing value although I have a violent reaction to her pouty or smug faces and want to smack her. I'd rather have someone around that gives me a happy feeling when I watch them.
    taracran and Duckyface like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

It is totally, completely ridiculous that the last of the women standing is Elise, who totally alienates everyone. If the truth had been told last night (and the show wasn't scripted), she'd have definitely gone home last night. First, she absolutely commandeered the making out of their menu while blaming everyone else for trying to throw out her suggestions when, in fact, they were agreeing them. She was so combative she caused one chef to leave the planning session in disgust. Second, I absolutely agree that her mistake with the salmon--which she kept making over and over again even after Ramsey himself specifically told her that salmon had to be cooked side down (and by the way, who doesn't know that?)--was much worse than Jennifer's mistakes. For one thing, Jennifer wasted much less expensive ingredients, and she didn't make the same mistake with them repeatedly.

But Ramsey sends Jennifer home because she's too nice? Like he's protecting her? From what? Elise's nastiness and incompetence and the slimy deal two other chefs agreed to make with her, which she'll undoubtedly break? Has anyone on the entire show wanted to work with her? Has she ever made the kitchen work more efficiently? There's no way he would ever, ever let her run a kitchen, and neither would anyone else. She's being kept because she's more "dramatic" and/or because Ramsey can't imagine anyone running a kitchen without treating people like dirt, because that's the way he behaves. The difference is that Ramsey occasionally does give credit to someone for doing a good job--for Elise, everything is about her and if there's a mistake or tension, someone else must be responsible for it.
    spockwhat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast