+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

8/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

9 of these goofballs are left, and I'm still waiting for someone to impress me.

Please keep all talk in here until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the bad cooking!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Regular

Re: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I hate Elise! She is lazy and nasty. I don't like Carrie much but I am always yelling at the TV for Carrie to stand up for herself. I don't care if she sucks at cooking or not, you don't let somebody talk to you like that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If there was ever any doubt that Hell's Kitchen is all about the drama, it was erased tonight.
    spockwhat likes this.

Yep, I agree none of these cooks impress me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the chefs in "Masterchef" could kick these guys into next year without breaking a sweat.

Really the only one there who I like at all is Will, but he probably will short circuit and they will fail.

But I have this horror that Ramsay will say what he loves to say and choose Elise and Carrie as the final two. I just think he'd do it for drama sake, especially since usually the winners do not get the prize offered at the beginning.

Then again, maybe we'll have a case of the :faint and we have these chefs come to their senses and we get good cooks.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If there was ever any doubt that Hell's Kitchen is all about the drama, it was erased tonight.
    This show is RIDICULOUS. I knew that, and I can't believe I'm watching this crap. But I'll watch again next week 'cause I want to see Jenifer go ape-scat crazy on those two.

I feel so bad for the red team to watch one of their better cooks go in favour of the drama ladies. Even Gordon's excuse for kicking her out was ridiculous... she's giving up? Something like that?

And Tommy is still cooking. Too funny.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    This show is RIDICULOUS. I knew that, and I can't believe I'm watching this crap. But I'll watch again next week 'cause I want to see Jenifer go ape-scat crazy on those two.

I feel so bad for the red team to watch one of their better cooks go in favour of the drama ladies. Even Gordon's excuse for kicking her out was ridiculous... she's giving up? Something like that?

And Tommy is still cooking. Too funny.
    I live a quiet, sheltered life here in Arizona. But even I was looking at Tommy last night and wondering what he was on.

And Elise has no clue as to the fact that she's not all that and a bag of chips. As much as I dislike Christian on Master Chef, I have to admit that he has good skills. Elise - all mouth, little to back it up. She got thrown out of the kitchen and STILL has delusions of grandeur regarding her skills? I would never hire her, based on what she has shown on Hell's Kitchen - that she's not a team player, and all she cares about it asserting how right she is.

Elise is all talk, no action. In fact, if her ego won out in the dessert competition and they kept her entry in there instead of Jennifer's, the girls would NOT have won the trip to Las Vegas. Just hearing the description of her dish was horrendous... BEFORE the mention of the vinegar. It also was far too big - for any type of dessert.

BTW, I personally was hoping that Ramsay would've told Elise "Elise, this is so horrid that as you would've gotten NO stars, you have to do punishment instead with the blue team."

FORT Fogey

Isn't this the second time this season that Ramsey has disregarded the nominations and sent someone else home? I thought this time it was particularly egregious, because the two nominees had both been kicked out of the kitchen by Ramsey himself. It's not like the team had chosen them solely for personal reasons--he had already indicated that they had done a worse job that night than the other three, because they were the only two he kicked out of the kitchen.

If the nominations aren't going to matter, why put the contestants through them? Oh, yeah. More manufactured drama.

This show is getting very tired--same menus, same team divisions, same faked drama. They need to retool it or cancel it for something else. Ramsey has MasterChef and Kitchen Nightmares, where at least the plots, so to speak, are a little less obviously contrived. Perhaps it's time to ask for the entire show's jacket.
    Lil Bit likes this.

He threw both Elise and Carrie out of the kitchen to insure that they should end up in the bottom fighting in front of him with each other. Once again delivering that dramatic pot of gold to the viewing audience, he saves them both and executes a total innocent so that we may live to witness the carnage again on another day.

Now Elise wore out her welcome a long time ago. Carrie may not be good, but Elise is just a little better and to top it off her attitude could drag down anyone. She's sinking the ship and they need to throw her overboard.Ramsey is inconsistent and at the very least should try to hide the fact that he does half of this crap for dramatic purposes.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

What's ridiculous is that the other members of her team know that Elise is dragging them down, because they keep putting her up for elimination--and Ramsey keeps saving her for the drama. It's completely unfair to the members of the red team who might actually have a shot at getting to the final (I doubt Elise does, unless Ramsey just decides to be "dramatic" until the very end), because she keeps causing problems and they keep having to go into elimination as the losers as a result.

This season has just been bad. The eliminations have been utterly arbitrary and not one chef on either team has really been outstanding. I don't see Ramsey letting any of these so-called chefs near an executive position in one of his restaurants.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast