+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 8/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This season is bad, I wouldn't trust any of these people to make me a grilled cheese! Like Jadewarlock said the Masterchef people (even those long gone) would blow these people away!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I died laughing at the challenge. It was such a turnaround for Elise that her head was probably spinning. To paraphrase Ramsey from an earlier episode of Master Chef: that dessert of hers looked just like her--a big mess. And since I'm not a chef, could somebody please tell me why you would put vinegar in a dessert? That sounded terrible.

I turned off the TV when Carrie got eliminated, because I didn't want to see Elise's smirking face for the next half hour. I tuned back in just in time to see Elise getting thrown out with her. I was SO disappointed that he didn't chuck them out permanently. Speaking of which, Jennifer wanted to be leader, so she should have stepped up and thrown Elise out herself (or at least shown Ramsay she was trying to) for that little stunt of pouting and refusing to talk to Carrie early on. Pathetic. I've heard it said in past seasons that the winning chef doesn't really get to be a head chef somewhere, but just an apprentice. That gives me hope. Ramsay has to know any professional chef worth his salt would send Elise packing the first time she opened her smart mouth. Therefore, he must be keeping her around for the drama.

And BTW, how in the heck did this woman get married?

And yes, I wondered last week why Tommy was still around. You're not the only one, AZ. Here in Texas we're wondering what he smokes, too!
    AZChristian and nanaslbkp like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

In this day and age where bullying is a MAJOR problem I am suprised that Elise has been kept on the show. Her behavior towards Carrie is classic bullying and I do not find it entertaining at all. It is sad to see someone constantly attacking another person and it does not send a very good message to the viewing audience. No matter how bad Carrie might be she does not deserve to be treated this way!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    In this day and age where bullying is a MAJOR problem I am suprised that Elise has been kept on the show. Her behavior towards Carrie is classic bullying and I do not find it entertaining at all. It is sad to see someone constantly attacking another person and it does not send a very good message to the viewing audience. No matter how bad Carrie might be she does not deserve to be treated this way!
    I agree. The unprovoked attacks are very offputting. Neither is good enough to win, but I would love to see Elise leave first.
    taracran and AZChristian like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Imagine my suprise tonight when I started to watch an old episode of Chopped on the Food Network and Will was one of the contestants.... Maybe he really can cook??
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Imagine my suprise tonight when I started to watch an old episode of Chopped on the Food Network and Will was one of the contestants.... Maybe he really can cook??
    I thought he looked familiar!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

As much as I've enjoyed this show over the years (especially the first few seasons, where there were more capable cooks in the kitchen), I think it's time to take this show and... shut. it. down.

That, or go back to picking cooks not because they rank 11 on the crazy scale but because they are top notch chefs.

I'm embarassed to admit I watch this with my kids.
    just1paul and AZChristian like this.

I was so disgusted when these two were kept around. From now on I'm going to DVR this show so I can FF through all their fighting.
    halfpintdynamit likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    This season has just been bad. The eliminations have been utterly arbitrary and not one chef on either team has really been outstanding. I don't see Ramsey letting any of these so-called chefs near an executive position in one of his restaurants.
    I'd say so for most of these people. Though I must say that Will, Paul and Jennifer are definitely talented and work well in the kitchen. I very much prefer Jennifer, though. Paul is likeable and trustworthy, but has a short temper. Will is a good cook but pretty dang obnoxious, I can't stand his teenage white gangsta rapper demeanor. Jennifer is likeable, keeps herself out of the drama and focuses on what she has to do and how to help. I think she's out of focus on the most part because she's quieter and there is no drama with her, but that's what, in my opinion, shows how mature and level-headed she is.

FORT Newbie

Elise should have been thrown out for out and out lying - period.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast