+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Season 9 Premiere *Spoiers*

7/18 Season 9 Premiere *Spoiers*

Welcome to a new season of Hell's Kitchen. How long will it before Ramsay blows his cool?

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/18 Season 9 Premiere *Spoiers*

I'm so tired of the teams always being divided by genders. Why can't they divide them by east and west or north and south for a change? Anything other than genders again.

I don't know how they keep convincing people to show up on opening night. No one ever gets their food on time, and they have to listen to Ramsey scream at the chefs all night long. Not my idea of a great night out.

I'd also like to know why the contestants don't start practicing certain preparations as soon as they know they're cast. They know they're going to be cooking beef wellington. They know they're going to be doing scallops. They know they're going to make risotto. For heaven's sake, why don't they save themselves some aggravation and figure out how to make those dishes quickly before they show up? Heck, they ought to start practicing them as soon as they apply.

And why, after all these seasons, hasn't Chef Ramsey come up with a new menu? I'm tired of the same dishes, and I'm not even eating them.

It took about 5 minutes for Ramsey to lose it-lol.

ETA-I agree they need to divide the teams differently.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 07-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I already don't like Brendan (at least I think his name was Brendan). Too smug. And Jonathan trying to feed Ramsey canned pineapple? Way to start off on the wrong foot, moron.

It seems like they actually got people who could cook this season. Hopefully that is a good sign.
    Last edited by dagwood; 07-18-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

At least Jonathan served perfect Wellingtons? Brendan seems to have his head in the clouds.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Wow, this was just a hot mess of an episode. The egos get bigger and the actual talent gets smaller. There are a few that I instantly dislike and a few that make me chuckle. I'll keep watching to see how it plays out. I won't be watching for amazing food and talent.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was just disappointed that he didn't call anyone "donkey" tonight. I always laugh at that one - and when he kicks the trash can!

Yes, these people don't seem that bright. I imagine I would definitely learn to cook a risotto, beef wellington, scallops, and do a few practice runs if I were going to try and be cast on the show.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I was just disappointed that he didn't call anyone "donkey" tonight. I always laugh at that one - and when he kicks the trash can!
    I love it when he does that, too!

Maybe it's because I live in Florida and do it often enough but cooking scallops is not that hard. It amazes me how many of the contestants cook them on too low heat and make them rubbery or cook them down to charcoal. I also can't get over how many chefs on cooking shows, not just Hell's Kitchen, don't know how to fillet a fish! That seems like a very basic skill to learn.

I've never had beef wellington. It's not something served in my area (at least not in the restaurants I can afford ).

I saw five minutes of this - and will say this will be one of the most blood pressure inducing seasons for Ramsay. I can see why there is almost a joy in his eyes - even with the bad dishes (yes to a point) - on "Master Chef." I think he really enjoys hosting that show and getting to try new dishes instead of seeing people inept at what they do. They also seem less about the PR and more about the food.

BTW, did they have the scene where the guy falls/faints in this one? If so, who was it and was it serious? I keep thinking though it was the fellow who was kicked out of the show this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    BTW, did they have the scene where the guy falls/faints in this one? If so, who was it and was it serious? I keep thinking though it was the fellow who was kicked out of the show this week.
    They took one guy out, but it was during prep...the commercial I saw made it look like he collapsed during dinner service. It was pretty serious, I think...they kept the guy in the hospital and said that he won't be coming back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast